How many of you guys drive with Drag Radials on a daily basis?

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Really thinking about it- I've used M/T ET II's in the past with great success. I've tried lauching with launch control at 2500 and anything in between on the street and almost no success. It just spins- I do better than the launch control on the street.....but at top of 1st gear it spins again. Really thinking about it on a full time basis. It doesn't get too cold down here in deep South Texas -thoughts??

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
I used a pair of 555r's for a dd on my 08. No issues and great traction. But I do live in Las Vegas so I didn't have to worry about wet roads and such. Although they are rated for street use I'd be a little skeptical if I lived in a wet/cold climate.

rwboring

Established Member
I used a pair of 555r's for a dd on my 08. No issues and great traction. But I do live in Las Vegas so I didn't have to worry about wet roads and such. Although they are rated for street use I'd be a little skeptical if I lived in a wet/cold climate.

I think if you use your head there wont be much of a problem... if you got caught in a huge downpour it might not be fun but just slow down and get 'er home!

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well I put 2000 miles on my 2013 this year and had the MT II's on the rear for about 1200 of those miles, I never got caught in the rain so I had no problems with them. Now if you mod your car the factory rear tires are of no use in the first 3 gears if it below 50 degree's out.

dustin88lx

Established Member
I think if you use your head there wont be much of a problem... if you got caught in a huge downpour it might not be fun but just slow down and get 'er home!

2nd That!!!! Been there done that NW Florida afternoon thunderstorms...not fun but it can be done. That was on the et street II's, but I didn't have much tread left.

Users who are viewing this thread