How many of you have kept your terminators stock?

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone on the forums kept their Cobras stock. I purchased mine about a month ago and added an x pipe and tints. Ive had a lot of cars and usually I start modding right away but not really rushing with this one.

I enjoy this car the way it comes from factory.

RangerTuckn20z

Behemoth
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone on the forums kept their Cobras stock. I purchased mine about a month ago and added an x pipe and tints. Ive had a lot of cars and usually I start modding right away but not really rushing with this one.

On here you will find just about everyone has modded something. If you enjoy it stock I wouldn't bother. Most people finally get the need for more power or looks soo..... Hope I helped.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member

:lol::lol::lol:

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
On here you will find just about everyone has modded something. If you enjoy it stock I wouldn't bother. Most people finally get the need for more power or looks soo..... Hope I helped.

I definitely plan on modding, when I first bought the car I was going to do the pulley/tune route right away but decided to hold off since Im leaving for basic training in the CG next month. I rather use the money to go on vacation before I leave, Im just surprised Ive been able to hold off.

Last edited:

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Keeping it stock..thats cool. Have you driven a pullied or pullied/port Cobra? You need to do it..now!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I had parts sitting at the house before the car got home...

I did not do any engine mods for over a year after buying...and after doing port/pulley I don't think it was a bad idea. I'd love to have a stock one sitting around for collector purposes but I bought the car to drive, not look at.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
Keeping it stock..thats cool. Have you driven a pullied or pullied/port Cobra? You need to do it..now!

Nope Im afraid too because I know thats when my bank account will start to drop rapidly, lol.

Like I said just enjoying it now until I get settled/stationed somewhere. Then the modding will begin.

So still no stock or lightly modded cobras?? lol damn, I was just telling a friend of mine the other day I have to have the slowest 03-04 cobra on svtperformance. :D

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I had parts sitting at the house before the car got home...

I did not do any engine mods for over a year after buying...and after doing port/pulley I don't think it was a bad idea. I'd love to have a stock one sitting around for collector purposes but I bought the car to drive, not look at.

Definitely agree with you there. I use mine as a daily. I had an upgraded turbo srt-4 years ago and sold it with 12,000 miles after owning it for 3 years. Was a really fun car, just wished I enjoyed it more...

mikes03cobra

Established Member
My 03 Cobra stayed stock 6 years Then I Watched too many you tube videos with modified cobras. I finally caved in .Worth every penny to go 600 RHW although i now love a stock cobra even more. Saved all stock parts Stock is becoming rare. Like my old 67 SS 396

VtekII

Established Member
despite the pik in my sig, my car is really bone stock... but this spring ill be putting on my :
billetflow 2.76, 4pc idler set
billetflow IRS brace, MM irs bolts/bushings
magnaflow catback,catted x
JLT carbon fiber intake
tinting the head lights/tailights
COBRA bumper inserts
cutting my springs
putting on my 17x9/10.5 replica wheels
tinting the windows

and hopefully a couple other things... as you can tell im a little broke.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member

I did the same. kept it stock for quite a while, no need to rush.
Sooner or later you will get the itch.Car is still a lot of fun in stock trim.Enjoy.

Nightshift

Established Member
Still stock except for tires, catback and cold air intake. :shrug: getting the itch though:beer:

thelpb

Established Member
My car is modded to hell and back, but my dads 04 Terminator only has a K&N and an SLP catback, otherwise its factory w/ 80k miles.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I will be leaving mine stock except for the cat-back and wheels/tires.

I want to get some miles on the car first (currently at 5,450 miles) to make sure everything is up to par. If not, I can fall back on my warranty.

I figure there is no hurry since I first have to learn to drive the crap out of the 390hp the car came with. Once I have that mastered, I can jump it up to 500-600hp.:thumbsup:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Stock is fine till your drive/ride in a modded one,then you wont be able to stop yourself from wanting more.:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread