How many officers?

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
How many of the officers here have been divorced? Cops have a sky high divorce rate. I'm getting one now...:sad This sucks.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Sorry to hear that...

My brother's a police officer and is just about to have his divorce finalized...:sad

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It does seem that most local law enforcement officers I deal with and are friends with go through either divorce or just shitty marriages more than once. I think it has to do with the "cop grouppies." You know guys, the 18 to 30 year old girls that like to hang around patrol cars, or cop bars or what until 2- 3am to just meet up with you at the diner, etc..

this drives wives insane. then among cop wives, if one cop is cheating so is there partner. man paranoia runs deep and gets to be old after a while.

I think in the past five years, I have had about six friends stay at my home while either getting seperated or going through the divorce.

Now on the Federal level, we don't see this phenomenon too much, because Feds are less accessible to the grouppies and there is no "really cool" blue uniform or a gun on the outside. So, I guess things are better that way.

I feel bad for thegood guys that don't cheat and just get caught up in the mess of a partner or a paranoid spouse, seen that before too.

Good luck

Adam

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Update....

We got back together, split again....got back together again....

Last edited:

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Im a self proclaimed expert at being alone, but am curious how long were you with your soon to be ex , before marrying her?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Hillie,

Hate to get biblical on you, but in the bible there is a phrase saying this "Though Shall not be unequaly yoked" What in my opinion that means is that even though you have great feelings for someone (ie your wife) There is just not that thread that will make it last. I think you did the right thing, by what you said anyways. Hope you and tammi are it, the two peas in a pod and soul mates... Good luck!

-zach

Vito

Broken
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Hillie,

Hate to get biblical on you, but in the bible there is a phrase saying this "Though Shall not be unequaly yoked" What in my opinion that means is that even though you have great feelings for someone (ie your wife) There is just not that thread that will make it last. I think you did the right thing, by what you said anyways. Hope you and tammi are it, the two peas in a pod and soul mates... Good luck!

-zach
Thats a good point, and I too wish you luck :)

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by BigVito
Im a self proclaimed expert at being alone, but am curious how long were you with your soon to be ex , before marrying her?

We were together for 3 years before we were married...9 months after.

Vito

Broken
Established Member
I was thinkin, tammi might be on the rebound. You were together with ex for (To me) a good amount of time before marrying.

Sorry it didnt work out. I hope you find happiness soon

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Nillie,

Been there before myself.

Do what is the best for you and know in your heart you are a good man!!!!!

God bless and best of luck.

Everyone deserves happiness

Adam

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
WOW! That must be tough. I always said that I would NEVER get married. When I did I swore up and down I wouldn't be another statistic and get a divorce. Well...I think in the long run I will be happier where I am now though.

Users who are viewing this thread