How many people have had the gas pedal break off?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I haven't yet, but this seems utterly ridiculous to me :bash: Is there a fix for this yet, because it seems like it happens to most people who race their cars aggressively.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
It's funny to see this post... just 2 weekends ago... at the Solo 2 National Championships... Mine broke off with 2 sets of runs to go Sat Evening... we duct taped it on!! I took the lead by just over a tenth...

Then for Sunday AM runs... we installed a NEON peddle through the pin... which worked... but I lost by .017 (17 thousandths) I know it was the Neon Pedal! :mj:

I hope it doesn't happen again!

Dave

Blackcobra

Established Member
Everyone who has had this happen should report it immediately to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. Specifically, NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation. You can make a report on-line at:
https://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/oscripts/ivoq/voq/voq1.cfm

If NHTSA's ODI gets a bunch of these reports, they will force Ford to recall to put an appropriate replacement pedal on before someone gets hurt.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Mine did!
fd4f26ee.jpg

mosconiac

Established Member
BlackCobra: Great point...if mine falls off, I will do exactly as you suggest.

Mosconiac

vcmoore

Established Member
Yes mine broke off too a few weeks ago. Dealer replaced it without any problem. The plastic that goes around the little pin cracked.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I think it's time for another "postban" reengineering mod.
@hit, half his mods will most likely show up as OEM on the 04 1/2's!
:thumbsup:

Mac....

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Two cars here in Cincinnati had the pedals break off yesterday. They where just street driving. It's a cheep plastic part.

Tim

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Mine didn't break, but lever that holds the gas pedal on my car has bent. It's a flimsy piece, I've bent it back. I'm just shocked they would use such a flimsy piece. It's just a thin piece of U-channel steel. Very disappointing. Now i'm scared if I prees the gas pedal too hard it's going to bend again.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
This is a bunch of crap :gt: Ford needs to know about this and come out with a fix. This could be very dangerous in traffic.:nono:

StangD281

Established Member
I have the Bullitt pedals on my GT, and the gas pedaled snapped off one day as well, right at the plastic retainer clip. Cheap plastic POS

SilverY2KGT

Established Member
Mine broke off my 00 GT about 6 months after I bought it dealer replaced it and not a problem since.

Users who are viewing this thread