How many points will this be......

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Well I just got stopped driving on my learners permit. Here were the citations I received, not using my blinker to exit the roadway, having more than 1 person in the vechicle, and being under 21. He could've wrote me for about 3 others, but I was respectful and did exactly as I've read. I'm not interested in contesting it or anything because i was definetly in the wrong, but I would like to know if I could plead it down to taking a drivers safety course and still get my license at 16.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Since you are 16, you will need to appear before the court with your parent/s. You are considered a minor until the age of seventeen. Yes, Texas does go by a point system. Upon conviction of a moving violation you are assesed two points. If it is found that you caused an accident it is three points. If you accumulate over six points then you will need to pay the state a surcharge fee of one-hundred bucks. Figure about three-hundred bucks because they stay on your record for three years. I don't see a problem with doing a Defensive Driving Course, but ultimately it is up to the judge. A DDC can be done one time in a twevle month period.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Iceman II said:
Since you are 16, you will need to appear before the court with your parent/s. You are considered a minor until the age of seventeen. Yes, Texas does go by a point system. Upon conviction of a moving violation you are assesed two points. If it is found that you caused an accident it is three points. If you accumulate over six points then you will need to pay the state a surcharge fee of one-hundred bucks. Figure about three-hundred bucks because they stay on your record for three years. I don't see a problem with doing a Defensive Driving Course, but ultimately it is up to the judge. A DDC can be done one time in a twevle month period.
Ah, but thats the problem. I'm 15 not sixteen, and I'm on a learner's permit.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
WOW! Someone actually got pulled over and ticketed for not using their turn signal!? There is a god and he's a Texas lawman.

U.M.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
The same answer would still apply. As long as you pay your fines or perform community service you will be fine. FYI. Now, if you don't take care of your business you will be refered to juvenile court system for a hearing as a "Minor in need of Supervision," which could possibly lead to jail time. A learner's permit is still considered a driver license and you must have a licensed operator in the front seat. It is the restriction B. You still need to abide by the curfews and no talking on the cell phone while driving, etc.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Iceman II said:
The same answer would still apply. As long as you pay your fines or perform community service you will be fine. FYI. Now, if you don't take care of your business you will be refered to juvenile court system for a hearing as a "Minor in need of Supervision," which could possibly lead to jail time. A learner's permit is still considered a driver license and you must have a licensed operator in the front seat. It is the restriction B. You still need to abide by the curfews and no talking on the cell phone while driving, etc.
Ok thank you much. Trust me I have no problem doing whatever he says to do. I want to be able to get m, license as soon as possible instead of at 18.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
%

Iceman II said:

All I can say to this is like .. WOW .. you mean to tell me that a FIFTEEN year old driving on a learners permit with no adult supervision is not in danger of losing his permit until he turns 18? I am not arguing with you but I am amazed ... this kind of behavior in some states will get you some serious trouble.

There was an AP article in the Stars and Stripes today that talked about how states with major restrictions on minors driving are seeing a definate drop in teen driving fatalities. And apparently the more restrictive the bigger the drop. 41 states now have some form of restrictions ...

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
RDJ said:
All I can say to this is like .. WOW .. you mean to tell me that a FIFTEEN year old driving on a learners permit with no adult supervision is not in danger of losing his permit until he turns 18? I am not arguing with you but I am amazed ... this kind of behavior in some states will get you some serious trouble.

There was an AP article in the Stars and Stripes today that talked about how states with major restrictions on minors driving are seeing a definate drop in teen driving fatalities. And apparently the more restrictive the bigger the drop. 41 states now have some form of restrictions ...

Let me clarify about where I live. The COUNTY I live in has 3,000 people total, and 5 cops, thats the county not my town. The town I live in has 412 people and 1 cop. That's why I drive illegally.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
RDJ said:

I spoke with one of the local JP's just before posting this and this is what she does. Now if it were to happen again then the punishment gets worse as stated above.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
zerocool said:
Let me clarify about where I live. The COUNTY I live in has 3,000 people total, and 5 cops, thats the county not my town. The town I live in has 412 people and 1 cop. That's why I drive illegally.

So because you live in a desolate county you feel you have the right to do whatever you want and break any laws you choose?

I actually felt bad for you until you posted this. Now I hope you incur the full wraith of the law :rollseyes

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
So because you live in a desolate county you feel you have the right to do whatever you want and break any laws you choose?

I actually felt bad for you until you posted this. Now I hope you incur the full wraith of the law :rollseyes

+65,000 but then his name kinda says it all :beer:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Uncle Meat said:
WOW! Someone actually got pulled over and ticketed for not using their turn signal!? There is a god and he's a Texas lawman.

Indeed!!

In Illinois, NOBODY uses their turn signal, ever. Not even the cops.

I was starting to wonder if new cars still came with them.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
NyteByte said:
Indeed!!

In Illinois, NOBODY uses their turn signal, ever. Not even the cops.

I was starting to wonder if new cars still came with them.
Same thing here in 'Bama. I just want to ram my truck into the stupid f*&ks who don't use there signals... personal pet peeve of mine... goes along with non-handicapped people parking in hadicap spots. :cuss:

U.M.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Lol nice FordSVTFan. Yah that was an ignorant comment. My bad. Doesn't matter anyway, I get my license in 3 months and I won't be driving again till then. But yah my bad again on that comment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread