How many speakers are in a stock L?

IMXCITD

Established Member
Are there 3 sets of speakers in a factory L? What sizes are they? What brand did you use for replacement speakers? I am thinking of going Boston Accoustic.

thanks
Bill

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
When speaker shopping...Make sure you get a set with the higher Sensitivity rating...Example: 89 rating takes 3/4 of the volume to generate what a 92 rating can do with a 1/4 turn. Our factory speakers SUCK...I have Kenwood all around and on my stock head unit.....THEY ROCKED!!!!

Later

slowpoke

Established Member
Can't tell you how they sound yet but I picked up some Alpine 2 way 5x7 for the rear and Pioneer 4 way 6x8 for the doors. About $200 for all of them through Crutchfield online.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
4 Kenwood Excelon 5 X 7's here. Plus they are silver, so they look cool through the door!! :thumbsup:

Phyxius

Established Member
I have 9 speakers total in my L, a set of Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5 seperates in the doors (3 speakers per side). A set of boston FX8's in the back, and a 6" bazooka tube for a little bass. The Boston FX 8's have a great sound to them, you'd be plenty happy with those and the stock head unit. :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :banana:

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
I hate factory systems. If you are going to replace your speakers, replace your headunit also. You can either get 5x7's or 6x8's. I would recommend either infinity or alpine. I personally have never had a problem with either. IMO

1s9v9t3

Established Member
superlftman,
did you ever get the alpin 9835 installed? got any pics of what it looks like.
Also does anyone have pics of their speakers?

IMXCITD

Established Member
I need to check the Boston Accoustics out..have heard great things about them and now have shop in the area carrying them. Have you all been happy with your Kenwood and Pioneer speakers? I plan to do the entire system...but will just do the speakers for now....as I have so many other things that are gonna suck up the $$$$. ;-)

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
Alpine CDA-9811 headunit.
Kicker component set (RS5) up front. In the rear i have 2 Kicker Comp VR 10's (subs), and kicker 5x7's (DX7)
MRD-M300 Alpine amp for the subs.
KX.300-4 channel Kicker amp for the components and rear 5x7's.
:rockon: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread