How many tickets have you gotten in the past 5 or so years?

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
zero speeding tickets (seriously how much can i really speed in an 84 300zx lol). but i have one illegal u-turn ticket that i got thrown out and a seatbelt infraction. thats it so far knock on wood!

King$nake

Banned
When I had my 95 5.0 Rio Red GT, I would average about 4 tickets a year. I bought a nice Eddie Bauer 5.0 Explorer, and have the same exact driving habits (for the most part, anyways) as I did in the GT, and have gotten 0 tickets in the last 3 years. Profiling sucks. I even have more illegal mods to the explorer than I did to my mustang (limo tint, no license plate, etc)

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
When I had my 95 5.0 Rio Red GT, I would average about 4 tickets a year. I bought a nice Eddie Bauer 5.0 Explorer, and have the same exact driving habits (for the most part, anyways) as I did in the GT, and have gotten 0 tickets in the last 3 years. Profiling sucks. I even have more illegal mods to the explorer than I did to my mustang (limo tint, no license plate, etc)

Same here, back when i had my 97 Saleen (rio red too?) i got tickets ALL the time.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I've gotten 3. The worst was a 52 in a 25, just messin around and got caught. Got it deferred but then got another ticket like a month later. Since then my insurance has dropped $300 so it's all good!

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Two speeding tickets in 19 years of driving.

Just discussing it is not good for me, knowing my luck. My only two speeding tickets came in 1991 with my first Mustang, a 90 GT. After that last ticket, I bought my first detector (Realistic/Radio Shack brand) back when only X and K were the only game in town. Plus, I bought Trooper Eagen's book on avoiding speeding tickets. Through four more V8 Mustangs, none. I still speed, but I have had a combination of luck and pretty decent knowledge on what it takes to stay stealthy on my side. However, I anticipate my luck running short again.

I do have to remember to be extra cautious when driving the Ram, though. As long as I don't draw too much attention, the Vic is my vehicle of choice for the highway. I get better mileage, more quiet ride and I even get waves from law enforcement.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
2 speeding tickets in the past 5 years. 77 in a 55mph zone the other one for 40 in a 30

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
2 so far all within the last year. And I'm only 19. :(

First one was on US 79 headed home I got tagged 84 in a 70 right out of Rockdale, and just recently (2 weeks ago) I got tagged headed home again on I-35 not even 5 miles from my apartment doing 79 in a 60.

I'm deferred right now, so I cannot get another ticket for 3 months in the city of Austin. It sucks because my first ticket I ever got was Nov. 11 last year, so I was so close to being able to just take defensive driving again and that's it.

Adam.L.

Established Member
Only one ticket in 5 years. I've been pulled over about 4 times in the Bronco, never pulled over in the Cobra.

ANGUS99

Established Member
19 Years since my last. If my memory serves me correctly, I've only received about 6 in my 34 years of driving.
Angus99

Users who are viewing this thread