How many track runs are on your Cobra and has anything broke?

Z20WHAT

Established Member
I'm curious:

1) How many runs at the track do you have on your car?
- In mostly STOCK form (exhaust and intake)
- In modified form (everything else)

2) How many parts have broken or you've had to replace?

Leave mods listed as well please.

Thank you.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
With current mod list in sig, minus Idler setup, about 60. Of course all on F1's. Wheel hop about 1 out 10. No traction=no wheel hop....No issues yet!

raiders03

Banned
I went to the track four times

first time with just exaust and CAI i broke a half shaft.

Two weeks later I went back and on the second run I broke second gear and needed a new tranny.

third time with new pulley and chip, all four of my tires flew off and i went into the gaurd rail on my first run.

My fourth time I went with slicks and launched at 5000 RPM and my motor fllew out my big ass Bassani tailpipes.
That was my last attempt to drag race the car

No flame intended. You are just to worried. As i said before get some bushings and shocks and you will be ok. It will spin like a solid axle and you will not get that ****ed up hop and break anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

dougwg

Established Member
EatonLS-1s

There is an edit button at the bottom of your post that lets you edit your own post and even delete your posts

Hope this helps

Doug

raiders03

Banned
dougwg
Thanks. I guess it is true that we learn something everyday. Have you ever heard of any half shaft problems after ungrading your suspension (shocks,springs,bushings)? I might as well ask a pro.

FlashSVT

Established Member
Have you ever heard of any half shaft problems after ungrading your suspension (shocks,springs,bushings)? I might as well ask a pro.
I don't think Doug owns a Cobra . . .

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
30 runs, 25 more less stock, 5 after pulley/chip.... zero problems.

Some day I hope to be like Nitrous Pete, and probably break everything but the steering wheel. The price of 800 RWHP seems worth it to me (now I just gotta convince the wife).

4D THNDR

Established Member
There was a new one (200-300 miles on it) at the track last Friday and I talked to the guy briefly and he said he was getting massive wheel hop. I suggested he avoid that. His next pass I hear the announcer say he couldn't get it in gear after his launch. My bet is it was one of his half shafts.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90 runs only repairs were clutch replacement 2X and tranny rebuild. Had wheel hop several time and the halfshafs survived, keeping my fingers crossed though.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Got about 25-35 runs, all modded.

Broken parts to date:
1 half-shaft, 1 clutch and just about everything that goes with it (TOB, FW, PP, et al).

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
How the heck are you people breaking so much? I've been trying to kill the stock half shafts and clutch since June with no luck yet. :D

About 100 passes on the 1/4 and some Auto X.
Passes completed at various stages of modding from stock to where I am now (pulley x 2, chip, exhaust, yadayada).
The car is also my daily driver and I encounter several stop signs with long straight aways on the way to work.

Nothing broken yet but I sure am trying! :burnout:

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
racerat, Nice ET. If you were really trying to kill your halfshafts, you would be launching harder than what is getting you 2.00 60' times and running 11's easily.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by BLACK SUNSHINE
racerat, Nice ET. If you were really trying to kill your halfshafts, you would be launching harder than what is getting you 2.00 60' times and running 11's easily.

oops....busted!!:kaboom:

I think the new BFG DR's I'm about to put on will do in the half shafts soon. Look for an 11 second slip this weekend. :beer:

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Ok, since I have started dragging, I have not broken anything. When the car was brand new, I got a new drive shaft (for vibe) and the new trannie (for a weird noise it was making) Thats it, none of which has been screwed up by racing... eaton, I think u got a screwed up 4:00 on friday car!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
fd4f26ee.jpg

On the fifth run of my first trip to the track my gas pedal cracked off.

Dealer replaced no problem.

Ran a 12.8 / 111.6 :shrug:

Last edited:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by 4D THNDR
There was a new one (200-300 miles on it) at the track last Friday and I talked to the guy briefly and he said he was getting massive wheel hop. I suggested he avoid that. His next pass I hear the announcer say he couldn't get it in gear after his launch. My bet is it was one of his half shafts.

May this rocket scientist blow four engines this year...300 miles and at the track:bash:

matt lankford

all is sold
20 passes on slicks, 11psi between 4000-5100 rpm launches. clutch slips a little sometimes but no other problems.

12 passes on 315 nittos

10 passes on f1s (blew manifold gasket running 16psi through stock exaust)

Z20WHAT

Established Member
I read that even after suspension upgrades like bushings and whatnot that it still won't save the half-shafts and also will likely break something else because the stress just gets put on something else.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Silver 03 Cobra

Somewhere well over 120 passes and most on ET Streets. 4500 rpm launches. Nothing broken yet. Best 60 ft so far 1.595 with plenty of 1.60's. 480 rwhp SAE 480 rwt

Users who are viewing this thread