How many trailer their Cobra ?

SNKBITE

Established Member
Just curious as to how many of you trailer your car to the track?
Since I normally run two week nights once the season opens, I do not get home sometimes until Midnight. Then its up at 4:00 AM and off to the car plant for work.
I really hate to change tires at the track, or carry and run with all the tools in the truck and think it would be much easier if I trailered the car. It would be a definate plus if I happened to break while at the track. Then at least it would be easier to get it home.
I have a Supercrew with trailer towing package so there is not an issue with a tow vehicle, and I could put the trailer with the car on it "in" my garage when I come home.
I have been looking at a 16' dovetail with dual axles and brakes that I can pick up for a little over $1200.00 new.
What is your opinion, and how many trailer theirs?

predator

Established Member
I would like to, but I cannot find a trailer locally that sits low enough to get the car up without scraping the front end. The price of $1200 new is killer. If it works and if there is another I may have to make a trip! :thumbsup:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I am looking into a trailer also.
Did you consider an 18 foot?
I know the car should fit ok on the 16 foot, but that extra 2 feet would make room to store extra parts/tires...

The price you got sounds good. If you talk to them again, see what an 18 foot would cost.
Or send me their info and I'll call them.

Thanks,
Dana

03'Darin

Established Member
I haul mine on a trailer.

I'm not sure what brand of trailer SNKBITE is refering to but I have had two Econotrailers and they are cheap. The trailers hold up well and tow excellant. I have pulled my cars at speeds up to 90 on their trailers. I just towed 1600 miles in January and most of that trip was at 85 mph.

Their trailers are beavertailed and come with slide out ramps.

Darin

If your looking for a good trailer cheap.......check them out.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Originally posted by predator
I would like to, but I cannot find a trailer locally that sits low enough to get the car up without scraping the front end. The price of $1200 new is killer. If it works and if there is another I may have to make a trip! :thumbsup:

I have one of those $1400 trailer and it is a pain in the A$$ to load...This is what I'm looking at now.

http://www.texasroll-back.com/

JoeJ has one that he uses with his 00R and it works great!
:beer:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yeah, I keep mine in a 24' enclosed STE trailer. Real nice for part, extra tires/ etc. Keep in there in the winter too to free up space in the garage at home. Like having it to go outta state too. I know the first time I drove the car outta state to race, it would break so now it's a non-issue. Just trailer it home and fix it when I can.

trey193

Established Member
I used to drive mine and race it how I drove it there, now I trailor it I have the vehicle to tow with and a trailor at my disposal so why not, track is 2 hours away and with stock halfshafts I think its a good idea to tow it there and back!:)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy
I have one of those $1400 trailer and it is a pain in the A$$ to load...This is what I'm looking at now.

Did you contact that place and get any prices yet?
Looks like a good idea.

Dana

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I have used one of these alot, and there is a guy here that copied this trailer after it when he built his, works great but a lil pricey. I think I can afford one at the end of the summer if all goes well. Sucks to be a broke college kid. http://www.kwikload.com/

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy

At stock ride height I can drive on and off of my trailer without any issues. I haven't loaded the car since I installed the Eibach's, but don't expect any problems now either.

I did need some boards to reduce the ramp angle for my road race car but that car was "in the weeds".:lol:

Darin

Users who are viewing this thread