how many warnings

Rico

In the last month I have got pulled over by Oregon State police 3 times for speeding the first was a 69in a 40 mph the second was at 2 A.M. doing 75 in a 55 and the last time was 80 in a 55. I am wondering how many warings it will take before I get a ticket ? Or is it just up to the officer's discretion when I get pulled over .
Also does it make a difference if you know the cop's that have pulled you over the last three times?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
lol- damn, I wish I had your luck. Just hope it lasts, buddy.:beer:

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
WHEN you do get cited, don't come on here asking how to get out of it. Obviouly warnings are useless to you, as you still can't slow it down. But to answer your question, I doubt they are keeping count of how many warnings you've been given. Either they are too leaniate or you're a smooth talker:-D

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Personally I think any officer that gives a verbal warning in a situation where the violator is doing 95 in a posted 30 mph zone is doing you a great dis-service, and not honoring his commitment to serve the public.

I'll share another pearl with you. In all my years, I never had a ticketed violator file a complaint against me. I usually did a pretty good job of "selling" the ticket. They may not have enjoyed the experience, but I never left them with a reason to complain.

All of the complaints emanated from legitimate traffic stops where I spoke with the violator, then cut them a break through a verbal warning.

The violator then calls or goes in and complains about how you exceeded the speed limit to catch them (which in most cases you will for a short period) you then delayed them, made them produce a license and other documents and then let them go.

"Why did he stop me, if I deserved a ticket, then I would have one and no reason to complain......."

After this happened a few times, I changed my way of doing business.

Morale of the story - If they deserve a ticket, then stop them and issue it, don't give verbal warnings. Why take the risk of stopping a motorist, and then not having anything to show for it.

You all know that traffic stops and domestic disturbances are the two places we are at the highest risk, so why do it just for the exercise?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Dont even mention DV's!!! No worse call. They think we are referees, but are so surprised when one of them is in custody!

Ginsu

Established Member
So well said brother! But I still give alot of verbal warnings because the bulk of my stops are equipment violations. From my experience I make more arrests than moving violations. I will always stroke someone if they give an attitude or lip, not because it is a piss off police, that way when the violator attempts to complain (which they will if they are an attitude private) they get shut the hell down.

Originally posted by mswaim
Personally I think any officer that gives a verbal warning in a situation where the violator is doing 95 in a posted 30 mph zone is doing you a great dis-service, and not honoring his commitment to serve the public.

I'll share another pearl with you. In all my years, I never had a ticketed violator file a complaint against me. I usually did a pretty good job of "selling" the ticket. They may not have enjoyed the experience, but I never left them with a reason to complain.

All of the complaints emanated from legitimate traffic stops where I spoke with the violator, then cut them a break through a verbal warning.

The violator then calls or goes in and complains about how you exceeded the speed limit to catch them (which in most cases you will for a short period) you then delayed them, made them produce a license and other documents and then let them go.

"Why did he stop me, if I deserved a ticket, then I would have one and no reason to complain......."

Morale of the story - If they deserve a ticket, then stop them and issue it, don't give verbal warnings. Why take the risk of stopping a motorist, and then not having anything to show for it.

You all know that traffic stops and domestic disturbances are the two places we are at the highest risk, so why do it just for the exercise?

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Count yourself lucky, most like me have not been as fortunate. Here is some advise from a 19 year old, for what ever it is worth. People these days drive like idiots. They have no reguard for anyone but themselves and that is what causes so many accidents, speeding vilations, and other generally rediculous behavior. Look at it from a cops point of view. If they are going to stop you they are genearaly doing it for a reason. Don't make that reason be that they see you as part of the problem. Cruise around and enjoy your car. I know that it is hard to do, but to a cop a speeding car is just another retarded shmuck with a cellphone glued to his ear that has no regard for anyone else around them.

The law states that a certain speed must be upheld and or you will reap the consequeces, and in respect for the people in my area and my hatred for every cell phone toteing soccer mom that has ever cut me off in her brand new Lexus SUV, I adhear to it. I hate bad drivers and in my opinion I would rather be the safe one on the road so that the cops spend more time giving cellphone yacking assholes tickets rather than me.

People like us that drive fast, high performance cars should be responsible enough to know when to or when not to speed. I for one would rather cruise and enjoy my ride, occasionally getting on it.

DEADEYE

Banned
Originally posted by mswaim

You are so right. It didn't take me long to learn that no good deed goes unpunished in police work. I have established a good reputation and when my Sgt, Lt, or Capt gets a complaint on me they actually argue on my behalf. They've seen enough video of my professionalsm and know I would never bumrap somebody.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Yup I am 19, almost 20. I have lived, and have also learned the hard way. Just ask Ginsu he could probalby tell stories about me, and he hasn't even met me in person. I swear I have a big wanted poster hung up in the my local Pct.s' office.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Here's a little story that might help. Am in the Air Force and one day I was walking around the base and don't notice this Captain walking by. So I miss a salute and she comes up to me and askes why I don't salute. I explain that I didn't see her and she gives me this advice. Do you know how to tell if an officer won't mind if you dont salute and of course I say no and she answers with then salute them all. What a bitch!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Oh don't get me wrong, I am by no means disrespectful to an officer, nor have I ever been. I have a bad tendency to get crap luck and be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If my parents found out that I had been disrespectful to anyone especialy an LEO ole' Michael Whitten would be minus body parts, and or (switches from third person to first) my life. My parents are the few and the proud; the ones that raise their kid right. Thus I have been tought honor, respect, humility, and above all Mom and Dads' wrath.

SVT4ME

Established Member
My point was to say ya never know how many warnings you'll get. Sounds like you've had some great luck by not getting a ticket. Count your blessing and obey the law and be happy that you have such caring parents.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I am glad indeed, and sorry for not seeing your point off the bat. I understand now, and I feel like an idiot for not listening and letting it marinate in my mind for a while before I opened my big fat mouth. Hehe, guess it is just that stupid teen thing that is left in me. Oh well in September it will become "those damn early twenties....I hope no one ever looks at me at me and says "damn yuppie".

Users who are viewing this thread