How mucg boost?

gtmustang003

Established Member
I was thinking about the 2.2L kit from kenne bell with the boost-a-spark and boost-a-pump and 60 lb injectors, and a JLT cold air intake running 19lbs. Is that a fairly safe combination of parts?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I'm running 19psi and 93 octane. But also putting in Torco additive just to be safe...and I would reccomend doing the same if running greater than 17psi. Call the guys at HPP in Lewisville, TX and they will ship the stuff to you.

You can get more power out of your car running the Torco. I'm still only running 18* of timing and got the #'s that are in my sig.

But if you just want to run 93 and nothing more, I would say run no more than 17psi. But you wont be getting into the potenial of the KB. You will be just shy of where it starts to scream. But run the setup you are comfortable and DON'T sell your car short. Give it what it needs to run right.

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
gtmustang003 said:
I was thinking about the 2.2L kit from kenne bell with the boost-a-spark and boost-a-pump and 60 lb injectors, and a JLT cold air intake running 19lbs. Is that a fairly safe combination of parts?

Almost the same combo I'm running, minus the BAS. You will need to do something with your MAF if you have not already done so. Such as a Mafia or MAFxtender.

Just make sure you run good gas(i.e. 93 with Torco or race gas). And make sure to put it in the hands of a good tuner!! Get a dyno tune and not a mail order tune. Mail orders are fine if your running a mild setup Terminator. I used them before my KB and had nothing but success. But for 500+rwhp cars, they need to be dyno tuned. You would be stupid not to.

Hope this helps :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread