How much benefit will adding L/T headers to my setup be?

taylorcrzy

Established Member
I have an 04 with a 2.4 KB. Currently on 18 lbs of boost on 93 pump gas the car made 604 rwhp 525 tq. My question is will I see much benefit to installing L/T's to my current setup? If so what gains could I possibly get? If I pull the trigger it would be on a set of ARH or Kooks. Trying to decide if it would be worth the money to purchase/install or not. Also would a retune be needed if I install L/T's? I love the sound of L/T's but that isn't what would drive me to purchase them. Yes I have searched the forums before posting my question.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Gain won't be much if any, stock manifolds Ive read are efficient up to 600hp but that sound is nice:rolling:

Mach828

Established Member
The drop in boost and better sound alone would be worth it. Assuming you don't drop $2k+ on a LT setup.

Hp gain is probably around 20.

taylorcrzy

Established Member
A quality L/T setup will run around 2K including the install cost. Just wondering if i'm leaving horsepower on the table by keeping the stock manifolds on with a twin screw?

greenflash00

Established Member
It's a very expensive way to get hp but all of the highest hp guys have them. I plan on doing the 1-5/8 or 1-7/8 ARH setup with 3'' all the way out. My boost is about 2-3lbs higher than it should be for the pulley I'm running so I know my exhaust is a little restrictive. These chambered macs don't help though. :lol:

03' White Snake

Established Member
They are worth roughly 20 hp. My Bassani Mid Lengths gained my car 22hp and 8tq.

They are not cheap, not easy to install, and are a pita for slammed cars. Stock manifolds actually flow very good. People run 700 hp out of them. If your trying to squeeze every possible hp out of the car then add them. I installed mine on my own in pretty much 3 nights after work.

If it cost you $1500 to buy and install the headers.... your paying about $75 per hp. Keep that in mind. Is that worth it to you?

And yes get a tune afterwards to make sure its still safe.

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
My long tube and off road x setup cost me $400 and I installed it myself. Spending $2k for 20hp is not worth it. Spend that money on a fuel system and tune for e85.

Users who are viewing this thread