How much boost can I expect to see with my new setup?

xTomKx

Established Member
I got the blower installed few weeks ago and running an initial tune that I got emailed from a tuner. I've been told not to go above 4000 rpm where I'm seeing 4psi.

How much boost will I see at redline?

Blower is a Vortech T-trim
Treadstone Instercooler
3" piping
power pipe

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I can't find my dyno sheet but I think I was making 9lbs with a V2SQ, 3.33 pulley, Anderson Powerpipe and Paxton intercooler.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
what is your exhaust setup? you should be around 10psi and depending on where you shift at maybe 12 psi. You'll be around 480rwhp depending on supporting mods.

xTomKx

Established Member
what is your exhaust setup? you should be around 10psi and depending on where you shift at maybe 12 psi. You'll be around 480rwhp depending on supporting mods.

I'm running an o/r h-pipe and flowmasters with the stock headers.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Injectors, Maf, fuel pump? you will probably be around 10psi but depending on timing it'll be around 450-480 id say

xTomKx

Established Member
Injectors, Maf, fuel pump? you will probably be around 10psi but depending on timing it'll be around 450-480 id say

Yep, got all of the supporting stuff:

3" blowthrough maf
255 intank pump
t-rex
60lb deka injectors
aeromotive fpr

Got the tune scheduled for saturday so we will see what she does. Just wasn't sure if I should use a smaller pulley. I'm trying to get 10-12psi.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
untuned I wouldnt even go to 3k let alone get into any boost.

You shouldnt have any problems seeing at least 10psi. Instead of boost, what kind of power are you trying to make?

xTomKx

Established Member
untuned I wouldnt even go to 3k let alone get into any boost.

You shouldnt have any problems seeing at least 10psi. Instead of boost, what kind of power are you trying to make?

My tuner emailed me a base file to use. He said it was good to 4k rpm. The car is running pig rich especially when it gets boost so it shouldn't hurt anything.

I thought 4 psi at 4k rpm was kind of low. Can I expect 10psi at 7k rpm?

F8L BYT

Established Member
You should see 10psi with a 3.33 pulley and all other pulleys stock. Depending on how good your intercooler is you might see 11-12psi

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
10-12psi?! are you on a built motor?? that is not going to last long.. ask me how I know. You will be around 475-500 I'll bet money on it but it depends on how much timing your tuner uses.... This is the exact same setup on my car that I had when it blew up except I didn't have a a/a I had a a/w.

xTomKx

Established Member
10-12psi?! are you on a built motor?? that is not going to last long.. ask me how I know. You will be around 475-500 I'll bet money on it but it depends on how much timing your tuner uses.... This is the exact same setup on my car that I had when it blew up except I didn't have a a/a I had a a/w.

It's a stock block with 75k on it. It ran very sound without the blower. Depending on how well or bad it does, I may upgrade or downgrade the pulley. But I'd like to get it dyno tuned with at least 10psi of boost.

Do you know what caused your motor to blow up? Rod knock?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
well just an FYI my motor went with less than 18k mi on it.. It was tuned in typical heat around 70 degrees. What I think happened is the day it blew it was cold dense air and I just got done changing the spark plugs and stuff. I got on it and when I shifted to third my wife was looking at my boost gauge and said it hit 14psi.. It was usually around 12psi at redline. It made 484rwhp on a mustang dyno.. All that happened was the piston skirt cracked.. everything else was fine though..

xTomKx

Established Member
well just an FYI my motor went with less than 18k mi on it.. It was tuned in typical heat around 70 degrees. What I think happened is the day it blew it was cold dense air and I just got done changing the spark plugs and stuff. I got on it and when I shifted to third my wife was looking at my boost gauge and said it hit 14psi.. It was usually around 12psi at redline. It made 484rwhp on a mustang dyno.. All that happened was the piston skirt cracked.. everything else was fine though..

Thanks for the warning. Good thing it didn't kaboom.

BTW You got a cool wife :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
lol yea she's pretty awesome.. but if you really want it to last bro seriously no more than 10lbs.. If its the power and the feel you want just get some 4.30's or something and it'll feel like 500+rwhp. trust me.. don't gamble with your block unless you have a built motor waiting in your garage.. it's not much money and to much down time after you nuke em.. :beer:

xTomKx

Established Member
Looks like my car will be tuned in 30deg weather this saturday. Hopefully it won't do anything funny.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
holy crap 30 degrees lol.. you won't even be able to get the intake air to a good temp to make power lol... g/l though :thumbsup:

jkoogler

Established Member

same thing happened to me. I made 484 on 12psi with meth.

Users who are viewing this thread