How much boost?

Jenkins

Established Member
I was wanting to ask everyone with a boss how much boost are you running and from what? Also how much power are you making with that.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Currently at 655rwhp with only 13* of timing up top. 93 octane, 11psi. Should be a titch over 700 in a few weeks, while the tune is being improved.

senderofan

Established Member
Currently at 655rwhp with only 13* of timing up top. 93 octane, 11psi. Should be a titch over 700 in a few weeks, while the tune is being improved.

Did you also do long tubes, cat or catless "H" pipe etc.? Just wondering if your numbers are on an otherwise bone stock set up...would like to do this after I get my suspension bits installed and sorted out.

Last edited:

mtrsprt

Established Member
Did you also do long tubes, cat or catless "H" pipe etc.? Just wondering if your numbers are on an otherwise bone stock set up...would like to do this after I get my suspension bits installed and sorted out.
Completely untouched exhaust. Just injectors, BAP, and compressor.

378wby

Established Member
I was wanting to ask everyone with a boss how much boost are you running and from what? Also how much power are you making with that.

13.5 lbs of boost/whipple 2.9 with 10 rib kit. currently tuned (very conservative tune) on 100 octane and safely making 748rwhp. will be getting it retuned in a week on e85.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Thanks a bunch for the information! Outstanding numbers out of the gate. Congrats!! Let us know what she does once you get it dialed in.
Thanks. I was pretty impressed myself. Was going to change up the exhaust at some point, but I may just leave it stock and see if I can reach 700 effectively with it. :burnout:

This is with a D1 compressor, not a P1 also.

J.Shoot

Established Member
D-1 Procharger

I put a D-1 on my 2013 Boss, 9.8 lbs boost, id-100 injectors and return style fuel system, everything else is stock. Made 654 rwhp and 500 ft/lb torque.
Very pleased with the set up and how it runs.

J.Shoot

BUCKET

Established Member
'13 boss. Hellion twins, return fuel system, stainless works exhaust DP back
12psi. 862rwhp 676tq

We discussed 15psi, but I don't want to be the first to window a boss motor. Plus I drove the car 7hrs there. Tuned it then drove 7hrs back.

torkey

Established Member
'13 boss. Hellion twins, return fuel system, stainless works exhaust DP back
12psi. 862rwhp 676tq

We discussed 15psi, but I don't want to be the first to window a boss motor. Plus I drove the car 7hrs there. Tuned it then drove 7hrs back.

Just out of curiosity....I mean those hp/torque numbers obviously gonna give you some traction problems, but is the power pretty linear? Like is it fun to drive or does it just completely fry the tires every time you're on it? Also, does it seem like it would still be fun in the twisties or just too much?

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
See thats the great thing about turbos.

You can add a progressive boost controller and boost by gear..

So you dont shock the tires and maximize your traction.

Is anyone making upgraded input shafts for these mt82's?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
See thats the great thing about turbos.

You can add a progressive boost controller and boost by gear..

So you dont shock the tires and maximize your traction.

Is anyone making upgraded input shafts for these mt82's?

No input shafts yet. Just do a t-56 magnum

BUCKET

Established Member
Power just keeps climbing traction of course an issue I have been working on it. Also running a electronic boost controller and have looked at doing boost by gear as well.

Nickoli

Established Member
You guys are killing me! My goal is to have my idea of the ultimate street car and 800/900 rwhp with an auto is that. I know I can make that power a little easier with the setup ford gave me with my '13 gt500 but the auto part is holding me up. Maybe I should sell and get a boss, turbo it, convert it to a 6r80 and be there....

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Ok nice numbers everyone!!! BUT!!! Can any of you guys with power adders actually use it? I mean I drove a 440 rwhp Boss and it was spinning hard... cant imagine another 200-400 hp and 200-500 more torque doing anything other than great smoke shows at any speed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread