How much can a 66 coupe go for???

crizzut

Established Member
I just found a mustang 66 coupe for 4k and plan on buying it. It's a long story as to why he's selling it for that low, but it has 289, to my knowledge the paint is orange and in good condition minus a small ding in the door that I'll have repaired. I intend to repair any minor flaws and resell this car, anyone know about how much I could get for this fully restored? I've seen some go for 10k and others go for 30K, what is a reasonable price?

sixt5

Established Member
to get 30k out of a 66 coupe... you gotta have GREAT restoration skills and no money spared. no rust, and either 100% orginal or some sweet taste in aftermarket. i say 17 max. depending on options

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
How is the interior, do the numbers match, how are the floors and cowl with rust? You could make a couple hundred by cleaning it up or your could double your money by putting in a grand. It all depends on how much restoring you do. If the numbers all match you could make a mint if done right.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
sixt5 said:
to get 30k out of a 66 coupe... you gotta have GREAT restoration skills and no money spared. no rust, and either 100% orginal or some sweet taste in aftermarket. i say 17 max. depending on options
It has to be a desired piece in the first place, K-code or something along those lines. Most of those cars that actually sell are 18k and below, even for decent pieces. I would look at the vin and see what it started life as before I indulged for an investment piece. Look for rust, and rust that has been cut away and covered up. 4k you could get in way over your head starting out IMHO.

sixt5

Established Member
i bought mine for $3800 and have around 13k in it now. Ever since i've bought it the value has increased. could now sell for about 15 or 16 but wont cause of sentimental value is WAY more then that. heres some pics of what i started out with.
Side2.jpg

Engine3.jpg

like said above, make sure the options are right (get the vin!). mines just a regular C code which is the base 289 engine.

crizzut

Established Member
theres absolutely no rust, its in perfect mechanical condition, the guys whos selling wanted to sell it with his condo for only an additional 4k, hes going through a bitter divorce apparently and the car holds too many memories.

Users who are viewing this thread