How Much Can I Sell My Cobra For?

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Thinking of selling it for 25K Firm. I thought about if I threw in all the other stuff I haven't installed for like 26,500 FIRM maybe 27,000 but I thought that may be pushing it.

This is what I have:

Black 2003 SVT Anniversary Edition
22500K miles on it now. Bought it two years ago with 19800K.

2.76 Upper W/4 piece Idler set.
Accufab Throttle Body & Plenum
K&N Intake
Tune
PA Performance Alternator
Offroad H Pipe/4 inch chrome tips/Aftermarket Mufflers
Eibach Lowering Springs
A Pillar Guages
5% Tint All The Way Around
Clear Corner Smoked Headlights.

What I have not installed on car:

Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts (Autobadges)
HID Kit 8K (Headlights & Fogs)
Taillight Tint (50% from Autobadges)
315/30/18 BFG Drag Radials (Qty: 2 BRAND NEW)
255/35/18 Nankings (Qty: 2 BRAND NEW)
^ I was going to buy new rims but if I'm selling it then no reason to.

As you can see I have not driven the car much since I purchased it. I love the Cobra and enjoy it but I think I want something different/new. Obviously I am going to purchase something that is equal to if not greater. I'm not going to down scale.

What do you guys think as far as an asking price? Is that reasonable?

99ElectricCobra

2003 Cobra #1609
Established Member
Seems like a fair price for it, but the market suks right now. Paid $26.5K for mine a month ago with 18K miles on it and all the goodies out of VA. Good for buyers, bad for sellers.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Definitely start at 27K. You can always lower your price if you're not getting any serious inquiries. Black coupes are the second rarest of the Anniversary editions and they seem to get a slight premium. It really depends how fast you want to sell it.
I paid about that much last month for my Black 10th Anniversary Coupe with only 12K miles. Mine was pretty much virgin. Only intake & exhaust -- never pullied.

BlueSS

I think 26 is a reasonable amount for that car given what's done to it.

Definitely, Start At Like $27,000 See If You Get Any Bites And Than You Would Have A $1,000 Worth Of Negotiating Room, Don't Short Change Yourself With The Car. 03-04 Cobras Are Still VERY Popular! :banana:

Juruense

Banned
Realistically I would price it at $16k to move quickly. If you want to get closer to $20k that will take some time. No way will you sell it for more than $20k under current market.

AaronK

Established Member
I would say $23k would be a very fair price and you could probably get more. The problem is that there has to be someone out there that wants to buy a Cobra. It seems like the demand isn't very high right now so you might have to either come down on the price or hold on to it for a while :shrug:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice guys it is always appreciated. I think I can sell this car easily for 25K. I will start out a little higher and negotiate my way down and will most likely throw in alot of other stuff for free that I haven't installed on the car yet to get buyers. I think it is a great deal for the car and reasonably priced.

I think the buyer will pay for what they feel it is worth. I see people buying Cobras all the time especially on this forum. Some of these Hybrids cost more than this LOL so I don't see it being a problem for a car enthusiast wanting to buy.

EDIT: I'm not in a huge rush to sale it but I would like to get rid of it as soon as possible, but I want at the very least 24K for it no less. Because I can sell the other items like the HID Kit & tires, inserts, etc and make up for some of the cash I don't get.

Last edited:

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
27K might be a little much. 24-25K well sell it faster w/ todays market. Good Luck w/ the sale. :beer:

p.s Don't sell it keep it. ;-)

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
25 maybe. Not to many people want a gas guzzler,
Bought mine a year ago for 26 with 14,300 on the clock.
By the way gas was 3.20 for 92.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Realistically I would price it at $16k to move quickly. If you want to get closer to $20k that will take some time. No way will you sell it for more than $20k under current market.

Even with market conditions, the car will still bring good money. I would leave out all of the other equipment and just sell it as is. I think your asking price is right, but I would leave off the FIRM.

Good luck with the sale.

Coiled03

Established Member
Shit - if you're asking 25K for yours, I'm asking 27K for mine.

Totsie7944

Established Member
I think you should start at $26 and be prepared to realistically not get more than $22-23 for it. But if you sell the other parts, that should make up a couple thousand at least.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Bought mine a year ago for 26 with 14,300 on the clock.
By the way gas was 3.20 for 92.

When I ordered mine in June 2002, 93 was $1.50/gallon

I don't plan on ever selling but I can understand why many people are deciding to do it...

Users who are viewing this thread