how much do the black centered fr500's weigh in 17"

sabredog

Established Member
looking at a new set of wheels that are reasonably priced.i am interested in the weight of these wheels.i might as well save some weight if i'm going for a new look.the car is mineral grey vert.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I think they are around 28 pounds, give or take a few, heavy pigs to me I think, but they look awesome.

sabredog

Established Member
wow! they look like they would be lighter than the factory satin rims.with all these fr500 users out there,can anyone confirm this weight?

sabredog

Established Member
before you mount the tires on them,could you compare that weight on a bathroom scale by any chance?just to confirm that the shipping weight was correct.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
I got the plain silver FR500's and the 17X9 were 21 lbs and the 17X10.5's were 23 lbs. (bathroom scale) PS if you got them through Lethal, make sure they come with the center caps. I've been trying to get the right caps for a month now :fm: The 9" rims take a bigger cap.

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
If you get the Ford Racing FR500's (NOT replicas), the same center caps from your stock wheels will fit. I also had some black caps with a Cobra on them from the 98 Cobra wheels I bought from Diversified a few years back and they fit as well (in fact they are on my black FR500's right now).

Also, my wheels (bought them from Gene Evans Ford in Atlanta) did come with Ford Racing centercaps.

Hope that helps.

nightstalker865

Established Member
sabredog said:
before you mount the tires on them,could you compare that weight on a bathroom scale by any chance?just to confirm that the shipping weight was correct.

I have not even opened the boxes yet but I will try to get the weight on them tonight for ya. I will be ordering the 17x9's here next week so I will try and get the weight on them too.

nightstalker865

Established Member
sabredog said:
thank you gt.i hope the lower quoted weights are correct.it would be nice to look good and get the advantage of a lighter wheel.

well I put the 17x10.5's on the bathroom scale tonight. 25lbs ech
These are the ones from mustang tuning. Finish on them is perfect. I can't wait to get there fronts and get them on the car!!

Users who are viewing this thread