How much drop with 3/4 coil cut all around??

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Steeda CC plates. What spacer configuration??

Couple questions here. I'm trying to find how much drop you typically see with 3/4 coil cut springs in all 4 corners. I've searched through my subscribed threads and in the complete lowering thread and so far all I have found is one post saying 3/4 coil all around drops the car about 1.5" Is this about typical??

I'm also installing Steeda CC plates and came to a stopping point tonight when trying to install the strut spacers. (The MM spacer arrangement seems to be slightly different)

****The real reason I'm asking is that steeda recommends trimming the top of the strut dust cover on cars that are being lowered 0.75" - 1.5" Just trying to get this figured out so I can finish the front tomorrow night.

Anybody with steeda cc plates, please chime in!

Last edited:

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Well, I did per the instructions and installed the spacer and small bushing underneath with the longer bushing on top. It looks about like most other installs that I've seen on here....I'll know more once it's aligned.

1bad93

Established Member
Here is a picture of 3/4 rear 1/2 front, all stock isos, 30mm spacers in the rear. The front could use more of a drop, so i think 3/4 front would have been the way to go.

BEFORE:
AT10542163-800px-p1.gif

AFTER:
DSC00131.gif

DSC00129.gif

DSC00124.gif

DSC00130.gif

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Thanks for the replies but I've seen a lot of pictures. Do you how much lower the car sits though with 3/4 cut all around?

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Nevermind...finished the job around 9 tonight and it looks damn good! Need to re-adjust the left rear spring though but the right looks fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread