How much for this ticket?

blacktaurus91

Established Member
We were riding in my friends 91' Mocha SHO, and his speedo's broken. He's hauling a$$, and we're doing at least 95. Cop's coming on the other lane toward us, but he doesn't see him. Anyways, to make a long story short, he was doing almost 40 miles over the speed limit. Actually, 42 to be exact. He got lucky, cuz I know if you're doing over 30 from the speed limit, they could take you to jail. How much is a ticket like that going to cost him? He's 18 btw. I've had 2 speeding tickets, the biggest one was like 19 miles over the speed limit, and that one was near $200. Any ideas?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It depends on the state, the road conditions(was it a construction area), etc..

There should be a number on the ticket for him to call.

Here in NJ fines are printed right on the ticket.

Good Luck

Hulk

TLight

Established Member
I don't know how much it would be out there but my buddy got caught going 42 over at 2 AM one morning. We were haulin to get back to town after a party on a pretty much deserted road and got caught. I don't remember the exact amount but I do remember that it was over $700. Because once you are going that fast, you are going to get nailed for more than speeding. His next insurance premium was astronomical.
:nono:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Like Hulk said, depends on the state. Here the speeding ticket would be around 300, but there would be other charges as well.

blacktaurus91

Established Member
Hrm...thanks for the info. And $700, damn, that's a big bill. Oh well, I guess I don't need to rush it. I'll tell you all how big the bill is.

Users who are viewing this thread