"How Much HP Am I putting out?"

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Ok, can't get to the dyno till December 1st so curious what you guys think. Setup is 306,Trick Flow Alum. Heads, Heatman upper intake manifold, 70MM T/B and EGR,Underdrive pullies, Egual Length Headers, CAI,FRPP 19#Injectors, BBK X-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chambers. HOW MUCH BHP do you all think I have? thanks

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
for one thing, what's a Heatman intake? You mean TF Street Heat?

Not knowing about the intake, I'd say 260ish-280rwhp, I think you should upgrade your fuel system ASAP. :)

Oh, nice numbers on your 96 Cobra :thumbsup:

Liv4Spd

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
I think you should upgrade your fuel system ASAP. :)

I was going to say the same thing, I would also look at bigger injectors while your at it....at least 24#. If I had to guess on HP with a good tune you should prob be around 280 maby even in 29Xhp range:rockon:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
I have 190lph intank fuel pump...thought the 19# injectors would be alright? Oh, and it is a Heartman intake

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
W/ stock heads your injectors would be alright, but since you've done away w/ the main bottleneck (a.k.a.-E7 heads) of the 5.0, you should upgrade your injectors. 30# injectors would give you a lot of room to grow, so that's what I'd do. Along w/ a Pro-M MAF :D

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I searched Corral.net and also www.yahoo.com for a Heartman/hartman intake, I couldn't find it. Would you mind telling me what kind of intake you're talking about? :shrug: Thanks :D

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
yeah, definately need bigger injectors. Why are you giving us what type of mufflers and mid-pipe you have if you want to know how much power your engine is putting out?

Engine - 290 give or take some
Wheels - 260 or so
upgrade fuel system and make more
port the shitty trickflow heads and make more. thats all trickflows are good for, lotsa room to port.

oh yeah, you might be making less if you have the stock lower intake. port it or get another intake.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
While you are at that, might as well get some LT's to add to that torque and power. Equal lengths wont do nearly as much for you as LT's could. Like said above, new injectors and fuel system and you will be pushing a lot more safely.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
yeah, definately need bigger injectors. Why are you giving us what type of mufflers and mid-pipe you have if you want to know how much power your engine is putting out?

Engine - 290 give or take some
Wheels - 260 or so
upgrade fuel system and make more
port the shitty trickflow heads and make more. thats all trickflows are good for, lotsa room to port.

oh yeah, you might be making less if you have the stock lower intake. port it or get another intake.

What are you smoking? The TFS heads are bad ass. Check specs on NMRA cars, they are all running TFS heads.

The Heartman is killing any chance of good numbers. I would put the stock intake back on untill you can afford another aftermarket intake. Mine made 338 @ the wheels with a Bennet 306 Lightly ported Twisted wedge heads, TFS Street intake, and a E cam.:) Maximize your parts and the numbers will come.

Users who are viewing this thread