How much is a stock bottom end worth?

supragod98

Established Member
I tried to search this and I keep getting a fatal error on my computer. Anyway I was hoping someone could tell me if I get a built SB and wanted to sell the stock one how much could I get for it. Its an 03. It has about 11k on it and has only seen 15# of boost for a few hundred miles. It is still in great condition. So what do you think?
Thanks

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
FOG>Dave said:
Why not build the block you have?

Because he can get about $5 or $6 hundred for his block and crank as a core, and he wants to know if he can get more for it by selling it outright.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i say the stock short block you can get about a grand
but you would be able to do better if kyou sold it as a long block and just got new heads to go with the new short block

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
lightninmike said:
i say the stock short block you can get about a grand
but you would be able to do better if kyou sold it as a long block and just got new heads to go with the new short block

depends, there is a guy that had his L towed into my shop with a #2 plug and piston gone. sure he would be happy to pay 1500 for it, if he had the option.

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
Is rebuilding your engine a cheaper way to go instead of having to buy a built SB? How much, anyone know? I'll be trying to run a KB on a stock engine but I was thinking maybe I don't have to save up for a SB and just rebuild it. Opinions...?

Users who are viewing this thread