how much is my totalled cobra worth?

i8urSS

Established Member
the drivetrain is not damaged at all, nor is the interior. its got 82k miles on it. i've been offered $7,000 for it but i dont know if thats average or low. i've seen some go for significantly more but they also had less miles. here's a couple of pics of how she looks.
IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

i8urSS

Established Member
ya its the one that the punk totaled. i was a little suprised that they totaled it myself. at this point it just is what it is. its been one big pain in the ass.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
is this the cobra the body shp owners kid wrecked?

Yes it is. I've seen the motor and trans go anywhere from 5-7k depending on mileage though. I 'd try and get alittle more because the car isn't completely wrecked. I'd try for 8-9k.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Buy it back and fix it. The price of totaled Terminators has gone up because there are less of them out there these days and out of that a small % are daily driven. Back in 05 I purchased a totaled 03 SB with tons of mods and only 13k miles for $7,500. That same car would be worth so much more today. Hell the insurance co would make you pay more than that for it.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yes it is. I've seen the motor and trans go anywhere from 5-7k depending on mileage though. I 'd try and get alittle more because the car isn't completely wrecked. I'd try for 8-9k.
Think again Ebay regularly has 03-04 Motor and T-56 combos and they Start the bidding at $7K+ sometimes as high as $10K, Never seen one go for $5K and I watch plenty much every day!
Here's one just for the motor...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a091f92ad

Motor and trans..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c40402ff

And Op the right body guy could have that ride back to shape pretty easily

Last edited:

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Think again Ebay regularly has 03-04 Motor and T-56 combos and they Start the bidding at $7K+ sometimes as high as $10K, Never seen one go for $5K and I watch plenty much every day!
Here's one just for the motor...
2003 MUSTANG COBRA MOTOR WITH 35K MILES - eBay (item 180541690541 end time Mar-30-11 18:16:42 PDT)

Motor and trans..

2003-2004 MUSTANG COBRA 4.6 SUPERCHARGED ENGINE & TRANS - eBay (item 110662779647 end time Apr-16-11 08:21:26 PDT)

And Op the right body guy could have that ride back to shape pretty easily

I said 5-7k depending on the mileage. No one is going to pay 7k+ for one of those motors with over 80k+ on it.

nooner

Established Member
I was monitoring prices for a used Terminator motor last October through December while negotiating with the insurance company for a replacement engine. From my notes, here are the best quotes I came up with back then...

$5,700 complete engine 60k miles
$6,000 for a complete motor that didn't run
$6,500 no s/c 30k miles
$6,300 long block 35k miles
$7,900 w/tranny 77k miles
$8,400 complete engine 36k miles
$7,500 complete engine 80k miles

...so I think $7,000 for your car is a low ball offer. :kaboom:
I might agree to selling it for that price only if the buyer was going to repair the car. If they just want to part it out, keep it and part it out yourself. You'll make a lot more than $7,000.

Last edited:

89slowgt331

Established Member
Put the powertrain in a fox and part out the roller! or Buy it back, find a body shop you trust or friend and fix it, you could have your cobra back and money in your pocket, The salvage title will affect resale but if you get it back and fixed cheap, Drive and enjoy it!

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
Put the powertrain in a fox and part out the roller! or Buy it back, find a body shop you trust or friend and fix it, you could have your cobra back and money in your pocket, The salvage title will affect resale but if you get it back and fixed cheap, Drive and enjoy it!

X2 thats what I would do...Terminated Fox all the way!:banana:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
wow man this just totally sux, i hate to hear about this.

i think the 7k is a no go.

are you doing anything in the way of legal action against the shop? this just seems totally unfair.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
i think that is a JOKE! I would have a hayday with them over that, what do they expect you to do with 7k? Buy the upgrades for the new car? You cant even find another car for that much. They need to offer you what it would cost you to buy another SIMILAR condition, like quality vehicle comparable to the one you had. So start checking around in your area, find out what the car you had sold for with the mileage, etc coming into play, along with title scars. I had a recent experience where someone pulled in front my wife, and she nailed them broadside in her c230 mercedes.I bought the car for 20,890 w/ 45k miles. Well they offered me 16,5... i said f yall ill bring this to court or come back to me with a better #. They come back with 17.5k plus ttl, totalling ~19k! This was the car with 85k miles on her, and all i had done to get more was argue and not accept the intial offer.They know that if you bring them to court they most likely will lose, have to pay more for the vehicle AND have to pay a lawyer! So what im getting at is keep on arguing, and argue with facts to back your statement up. It may be a bitch, but guess what, if you take a few hours to research, and put them in their places, and you make thousands for that research, then i dont think it would be so bad in the long run! Good luck

Last edited:

nooner

Established Member
That can't be right! If the insurance company is only offering $7,000 then they can't be totalling it. If the insurance company totalled it and the OP is considering selling it then that means he bought it back after they totalled it, right? I don't think we have the whole story here. :shrug:

i8urSS

Established Member
the insurance company paid it off and i'm buying it back. i dont really have the time or means to part it out or put the drive train in a fox. (which would be awesome.) so i'm just trying to sell the whole thing. i know i have to keep it reasonable enough that some one else will be able to make some money off of it when they do what ever they do with it. there is a local shop mustang parts specialties that is coming to look at it but i didnt know how much to ask for it or even where to start the negotiations. so i'm thinking around 8-8500? what do ya'll think?

Users who are viewing this thread