How much is too much?

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
When I get the car repainted i'm thinking about putting a different hood on it. I'm debating between the VFN Fiberglass "cajun pro" hood and the 3in Fiberglass cowl hood from Mr.Bodykit. A cowl is kinda what i'm into, I like the badass "race" look, like the car looks like it's going to eat you. One question I do have is heat extracting capabilities? Not sure how functional the stock ones are but will the new hoods have the same effect or does it even matter? Thanks.

VFN "Cajun Pro"
cajunprohood.jpg
cajunprohood2.jpg

3in Cowl
993inchcowl.jpg

75_1_.jpg

Last edited:

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
One thing bro....DONT ORDER FROM MR.BODYKIT!!!

I ordered the 3 inch cowl and the whole thing is coming apart...the glass is cracked in the middle of the hood and the edges are chipped and cracked. The hood has been repainted twice by two different shops. Mrbodykit has the worst customer service ever. They are refusing to help me out at all..

-Ryan

Stalker27

Established Member
Damn, Sorry to hear about the problem & thanx for the heads up. Where would be a good place to get a 3" cowl?

Edit: Nevermind I like the Steeda Q400

Last edited:

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Well I think going to go with Racecraft's 3in or 5in, just need a side pic to make that choice... But they're both lift off hoods, can anyone suggest the type of pins I should use? I think I found some by Aerocraft or something, they lock with a key and everything. I'll try and find it again later. Also I think I heard Dz pins are good? not sure if I got the brand right...

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
One thing bro....DONT ORDER FROM MR.BODYKIT!!!

I ordered the 3 inch cowl and the whole thing is coming apart...the glass is cracked in the middle of the hood and the edges are chipped and cracked. The hood has been repainted twice by two different shops. Mrbodykit has the worst customer service ever. They are refusing to help me out at all..

-Ryan

+100

+1

I must agree. Didn't buy hood there but bought headlights from them. Some LED's were bad when I got the headlights and when I tried to get new set they refused. Will never buy there again

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I say Cobra R carbon fiber hood, u should loose wieght if u change n the hood pluse u need to paint it, I see u have a blk car u can just clear coat it or paint most of it and leave some CF show n.

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Hmm... a lot of people are saying Cobra R hood. I think i'd have to see it in person, because just looking at it online it just doesn't look aggressive at all.

1stockgt

Established Member
I like the 95 Cobra R hood myself. I had one on my 2003 GT. I agree with 02wingless get a kaenen or a cervinis. I've owned one of each in 95 Cobra R style. Both hoods are top quality products.

Users who are viewing this thread