How much money to make 03/04 cobra have 500/550 horse/torque

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knew about how much it would cost to take a stock 03/04 cobra to be putting out 500-550 horsepower and torque. Going to be buying one in about 6 months and wanted to know how much ill be looking to spend. Ill be taking it to modular power house in Atlanta to get it done cause I dont trust myself to do most of it. If anyone here has done this either with the same place or any performance shop and is around 500 to 550 or more power let me know about how much everything cost with labor. Thanks everyone

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
O boy...its pretty easy. I did a CAI, T.B. stage III port, a tune, and a cat back. 517rwhp....495 rwtq....

you can get an idea on the $ .....not bad for powa!!!!

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
Hey bro that sounds awesome..not to much money there but with the ported eaton how long are you in high boost before the heaton drops boost off. I was thinking maybe I could find a car that already has a KB on it thats not pushing really high boost and will hold it all the way through but it scares me when i see one on there and dont know how much boost the guy has pushed through the motor and if maybe theres any damage. Also was wondering whats a good amount of power that will do well against most other cars on the road but if still actually safe for a stock motor, not what they "can hold" but what they have held up to and still good for daily use. im hoping for anywhere from 500 to 600 would be golden if they are strong enough to hold up to that abuse and if not what I would need to do to get it to hold up to that and what kind of damage that would do to my wallet. Thanks again

key

Established Member
armyed said:
... Also was wondering whats a good amount of power that will do well against most other cars on the road ...

A stock Cobra will do well against most cars on the road. I have a pulley, intake, exhaust, tune car and haven't pulled up next to anything that would stand a chance since I bought the car (month and 1/2 ago). And I'm only making 470s to the wheels.

03yellow

Established Member
2.93 upper, 4lb lower, steg port, intake,mafia, exhaust,tune, dyno.

$2,000 if you do the labor.

Should get you well over 500rwhp

Supporting mods
IRSbrace,clutch,BAP,shifter. $1,100

Last edited:

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
fr03cobra said:
just save your money and do a kb or whipple

I was thinking about just trying to find one that had a KB 2.2 on it but its going to be hard since I want that shadow grey color and hope I find one thats KB'ed. God knows as soon as I get it im going to catch the mod bug and spend a fortune doing stuff to it so hopefully I can find the color I want and buy it from someone who has already spent all the money on it but has to get rid of it. Cross my fingers But we will see I guess once I get it, So I guess if i threw 5000 into it I could very easily have a 500+ horse car?

AllVenom

Established Member
fr03cobra said:
just save your money and do a kb or whipple

But then you don't feel the natural progression...Just one big oomph and then your ready to upgrade that too to turbo!

soccer8888

Tech. Noob
Established Member
armyed said:
So I guess if i threw 5000 into it I could very easily have a 500+ horse car?

Ummm...very much so. although if you spend close to that and are around 5000, you did something very wrong. on average, you're starting (stock) around 37X rwhp, so it shouldn't take $5 G's to make 125HP more.

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
well 5000 also goes to suspension a little and to stiffin the irs and everything else that goes into making everything else hold that much power so 5000 should be about right, yes if i dumped 5000 just into the motor of course i could get there very easy but i dont want to do that then have a car that have over 500 horse but the irs blew up. so I dont just want to make the dyno numbers better I want the supporting mods as well

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
BF IRS brace - 160
MAfia - 155
Billetflow Pulleys and idlers - 400
Steggy Port - 785 (on sale now for 685, but in 6 months it will be)
KB BAP - 250
Wiring Upgrade - 50
Injectors - 450
Lower PUlley - 300
Alternator Pulley - 70
Catback - 300-800
CAI - 100-200
Dynotune - 250-500

Install costs if you don't do any of it - 1200
Sure some don't have injectors or a BAP or even a lower pulley, but this is a proven set up and has some room for adding spray and going for 700hp

You also need some cooling mods

Heat Exhanger at very least - 300-500
Resevoir - 250
Radiator - 300
Cooling mod of your choice - 125-175

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
awesome..well who knows maybe I can find one that already has a lot of stuff done to it so I can go even bigger then I would ifit was stock!

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Good luck on the search!!!!
My car is pulling 13 #'s and I dont have any cooling mods yet.
Need a clutch, and some cooliing mods. Then more horses....

Users who are viewing this thread