How much needed to beat a 04 Z06

XFORDHATER

Established Member
Buddy has a 04 Z06 stock. I have 04 vert x-pipe, catback, cold air, and shifter. How close would I be and what would it take to beat him. Would a pulley and tune do it?

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
i take em with my 460hp on the freeway never tried from a dig.....plus it says in your sig that you have owned both so you should be able to answer both questions

XFORDHATER

Established Member
i take em with my 460hp on the freeway never tried from a dig.....plus it says in your sig that you have owned both so you should be able to answer both questions

I know I have had both but that doesnt mean you can make an assumption as to which will outrun which unless you run both at the track which I have not. They are two different animals. Plus the one I have now is a vert which also weighs a tad more.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
there are tons of threads and vids on here answering what you want to know...

but in a nutshell: stock terminator<stock c5z06<pullied terminator<modded c5z06

the c5z06 to pullied terminator is very close but usually will get walked by the pullied terminator

AaronK

Established Member
Skip to 2 minutes into the video.

I was at 441/431 (mods in sig) I let off in 5th, went from a 50mph roll...

Vette- heads, cam, intake, longtubes
T/A- LS6, heads, cam intake, bolt-ons

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NeEiq6ScU"]YouTube - Hooters Meet 8/28[/ame]

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
being a vert, you will probably need a pulley. if they are bone stock, bolt on coupes will give them a good run.

sik02gt

Established Member
grant it i have more then just a pulley and tune, but i raced my buddies and it was an absolute blood bath

twhitey

Established Member
I have the same mods as the above guy, I have walked away from two camd c5z06 since I added the ported blower and lower. No need to spray for them either.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
here... you need my car.:banana::dancenana::banana:

jk

I cant wait til I have one of these experiences under my belt, so i can stop reading these vette/cobra threads, trying to convince myself I'll win. I have a vert too. They are only 115 over a coupe. You can lose that very, very easily without overhauling your car. Lose the back seats, spare tire/jack, trunk pad, do a battery mod and you just cut that number in half.:thumbsup:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I cant wait til I have one of these experiences under my belt, so i can stop reading these vette/cobra threads, trying to convince myself I'll win. I have a vert too. They are only 115 over a coupe. You can lose that very, very easily without overhauling your car. Lose the back seats, spare tire/jack, trunk pad, do a battery mod and you just cut that number in half.:thumbsup:

Just imagine we can do the same and your still just as far away!

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I beat one at the track. He ran low 13.30's all night while I was running 12.50's-12.90's. That was when I was in my 96 Cobra though....not my 04.

Mystic03

Established Member
pullie/tune will or should walk by em for stock as myself i have taken c5z06's but lost by a fender to a cam/exhaust/intake z06

Users who are viewing this thread