How much nitrous and what else to do??

MystiChrome04

Established Member
I am getting ready to buy a 2004 MysticChrome :rockon: with 2.8 upper and 100mm aux. idler,MRT midpipe,MAC catback,Steeda CAI,Level 5 halfshafts,26 spline input with Centerforce clutch and a predator tuner. I am wanting to put spray on it, i was thinking like a wet or dry 70 shot. Questions are first from experience what kit should i use,wet or dry,how much to spray and what i will need to do it? This is going to be my first modular and i an just lost on these cars! I have helped my buddy do most of the stuff to this car but I still don't know all the stuff. I have heard that i will have to do aftermarket fuel pumps and if so which ones should i get? I want to make this safe so i don't have to worry about blowing it up. I am going to try and just use the predator and tune it on the dyno (my friend who owns the car only used the predator to tune it and got 478rwhp and 535rwtq so i am wanting to try and stick with it) Please someone help me I just want a mid to high 10 second car on spray. :rockon: :pepper:

Last edited:

BigBill

Spray it
Established Member
89N20D331 said:

Id Recomend getting 2 fuel pumps either the SVT Focus pumps or the Ford GT pumps..

Also for nitrous I like wet on a returnless car. Just back off the timing on the predator (2 degrees per 50 shot to be safe) and take it to a dyno and bring the jets with you, and adjust (If necessary) the A/F on the dyno of your nitrous.

I'd spray a 50-125 on a bolt on car. I personally like the ford eft nitrous express kit, its nice. It includes the Ford Fuel pressure fitting. And its around $500. You may want the GenX2 kit if your buget allows, a Bottle heater in a wet kit really makes a big differnce. Also a blow down tube to be NHRA legal.

You will also want a window switch, I reccomend the MSD Digital window switch, because it wires right up w/o the use of a tach adapter. Its around $90. Also do a search on google for the TNT nitrous diagram, its really good, the NX one is a little confusing.

Get some spark plugs, gap them a little closer, I like the Motorcraft AWSF-12C's gaped at .035ish

With plenty of fuel, the right A/F, the right timing, good plugs and a window switch.. Nitrous is your friend :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread