How much off road time would your raptor see?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
For those of you in line or thinking about being in line for a Raptor im curious as to how much off road time your truck would actually see? I know around here I don't have any sand to play in, only wooded areas which leads to brush and tons of scratchs, and no way am I taking a 45k truck in the mud. If I had one the yard would probably be as much off road duty as it would see. What about you all? Would anyone actually use the truck for what it is built for?

Fatal Strike

660rwhp... ACEKIKR
Established Member
Mine wouldn't see much sept for vacation, I live in Louisiana and I don't like mud with a 45k truck either, I would take it too rides out of town though... I just want it to tow good too since I pull a trailor for my buisiness

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Mine wouldn't see much sept for vacation, I live in Louisiana and I don't like mud with a 45k truck either, I would take it too rides out of town though... I just want it to tow good too since I pull a trailor for my buisiness

Keep your fingers crossed it doesn't have very good towing specs. Plus Im thinking as responsive as the suspension is supposed to be extra weight in the back probably wouldn't make the truck drive very good. Might be wrong though.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I think a Raptor would not be a good choice for a towing vehicle...unless you are towing a very small/light trailer. The suspension is very responsive, but the price for that was towing capability. It is amazing how much the bed moves when you sit on the tailgate for example. All in the name of long travel suspension...

If I was going the tow route, I would look for a Superduty (maybe a Harley F450! :rockon:) and forgoe the Raptor for now...for fun, the Raptor is it!

Just my .02 though...regardless what you do I would keep the towing specs in mind.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeah even if you say but a featherlite trailer and keep the weight right at the specs I just think you could get yourself in a lot of trouble if the trailer got squirrley with you and started pulling the truck around.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I live in god's country the question you should ask me is how often do I get to use the mustang. It snows from November sometimes even a month earlier until June.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
This truck will get alot of use. They plow when you get 12 to 15 inches of snow on the ground sometimes they may wait a week.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
Class 3 to 4 hitch all you have to do is adjust the rear spring or change it out to tow not a problem.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
Have a f250 turbo dessel with a&j conversion and 35 inch BFG all terrains on American racing rims also it has the Banks complete monster kit with PDA and torque converter and arp head studs so if the raptor can't pull the trailer the dessel will and I have 23,000 miles on it so it isn't even broken in. I used the hummer as my everday driver and the dessel only as a tow truck.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
People saying that they wouldn't take the Raptor off road is like the same crowd that would buy a Dodge PowerWagon and not take it offroad. And the Dodge, when new, cost more than the Raptor!

Fatal Strike

660rwhp... ACEKIKR
Established Member
Heaviest thing I would ever tow would be my Cobra and I hardly ever tow it, I drive it to the track unless I break, lol.. I own a pool cleaning business so my work trailor is pretty light so I think it would be ok.. The Raptor is just too cool to pass up, lol

Fatal Strike

660rwhp... ACEKIKR
Established Member
People saying that they wouldn't take the Raptor off road is like the same crowd that would buy a Dodge PowerWagon and not take it offroad. And the Dodge, when new, cost more than the Raptor!
Off road yes.. mud I'm not so into, I like trail type off roading, wish there was anything close to the baja around here, all we got is bayou lol

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'd take it down to OBX and wait until night time when nobody is on the beach, then rip down the water line at 70mph lol.

Users who are viewing this thread