How Much Power and Or Boost Can I Have?

SamuelMach1

Established Member
Hey guys quick question. I have an 04 mach1 with a 1.7 kenne bell sc with real low miles. i also have some other modifications such as some bolts ons. im putting out 9lbs of boost and dynoed 458whp. I wanted to instal an off road x pipe and steeda underdrive pulleys. If i do so i could be around 485-500 whp. Could i be in danger of blowing my motor if i instal the underdrive pulleys and catless x pipe?

Is boost what blows motors? or sheer hp? also does hp determine boost and vise versa? im a bit confused because i thought boost only came from strcitley forced induction from a turbo sc etc but if i were to add the 15-25 hp in my car could the boost jump 1 or 2 with out acutally programming it? thanks:shrug:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The offroad x will remove a bit of boost (heat) which is a good thing, but it will increase hp/tq at the same time.

Do not install an aftermarket damper other than ati or iw.

Boost creates heat, which can bring on detonation if not controlled. Hp can also push an engine past its limits. You're at the limit of what is considered safe for a stock short block mach.

Users who are viewing this thread