How much power can a stock block handle?

1cln50

Established Member
I have an 03 mach 1 and was wondering how much power can it handle? Future plans are a blower, but not anytime soon.

thanks for any help.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Sorry, but this is the help desk for the the site/forum.

To get an answer to your question, I'm moving this thread to the Mach 1 forum.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
450ish rwhp seems to be the number thrown around as being relatively safe. Some people make more and some make less. I think the amount of power it can hold safely will depend on how good of a tune it has.

beowulf68

Established Member
I have an 03 mach 1 and was wondering how much power can it handle? Future plans are a blower, but not anytime soon.

thanks for any help.

The Stock WAP block can handle quite a bit of power. Some say 650whp some say 8 or 900whp....Guess it depends who you talk to. Now the Stock Pistons/rings are a different story. Most will say don't run more than 500whp. Some run more for thousands of miles without issue and some throw a rod at 450. I push 500whp with a Vortech V3 and a built 5-spd trans on stock internals and have no problems at all on my 04 Mach 1. Though I am in the process of building a fully forged internal stroker shortblock just in case!!

1cln50

Established Member
thanks man, that's what I assumed also. Long term it will be built but if I came across a sweet deal on a blower id throw it on and run low boost for fun lol

SuperMach1

Established Member
The car was boosted for about 8 years and 40k miles. So putting a blower on your car wouldn't hurt just keep the power under 450 and run a safe tune.

Users who are viewing this thread