how much power to be gained with a tune?

5.4 speedster

Banned
My buddy has a 06 gt with a bassani x pipe and exhaust. Other than that it's bone stock. He plans on doing a cold air intake soon but money is tight so he is going to do a tuner first.
How much power might he pick up with just a reflash?

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
on stock exahust, no other mods, I added a Predator/C&L combo. I'm just shy of 290rwh, and at 285tq. stock was 260/265

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
on stock exahust, no other mods, I added a Predator/C&L combo. I'm just shy of 290rwh, and at 285tq. stock was 260/265

Which octane tune did you get? I'm wanting one, but I don't want to go above 91 since 93 costs too much for me.

Wild Stallion

Established Member
well I can tell you when I had just CAI and tune I was just shy of 300rwhp/315rwtq. I aslo want to add if any of you want to save some money and get CAI I can sell you mine. I only had it on for a couple of months before I went and built my motor and put on a whipple. It is the C&L street CAI, nice set up. retails about 350 new Ill let mine go for about 150 to 200. I also have a six bolt Fidanza aluminum flywheel that I had as well and no longer can use that(cobra crank 8-bolt now) so give me an offer and ill let that go as well.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Austin doesnt have 91 octane:nonono:
87/89/93

You serious? I never paid any attention while at the pumps since I've only had to buy 87 here.

And the last car I had to buy premium for was taking 93 (Cobra), so I never really looked at what the middle grade was.

That blows.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
92 octane for me. we dont have 91 or 93 here. the canned tune was for 91 octane, but after a dyno day and redoing some parameters I'm on a 92 tune.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
well I can tell you when I had just CAI and tune I was just shy of 300rwhp/315rwtq. I aslo want to add if any of you want to save some money and get CAI I can sell you mine. I only had it on for a couple of months before I went and built my motor and put on a whipple. It is the C&L street CAI, nice set up. retails about 350 new Ill let mine go for about 150 to 200. I also have a six bolt Fidanza aluminum flywheel that I had as well and no longer can use that(cobra crank 8-bolt now) so give me an offer and ill let that go as well.

:banana:love my C&L, and got a killer deal. I got the intake and predator used from the local mustang shop for $350. Guy who had it went centrifugal and a SCT.
100_0847.jpg

natedog_1959

Established Member
Wild Stallion, PM me and let's see if we can do something about your used C&L intake. My dad has a 2007 GT that is in dire need of an intake. Thanks, Nate.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
only go SCT. best tuning software.

That exhaust with a tune could give you 15hp max. Stock, you will dyno 265ish.

If anything, your stang will be much better with response.

96svt3246

Established Member
Just downloaded a custom tune from my SCT X3, well worth the $$$...recommend AmericanMuscle . com, they throw in a free custom tune when you buy an X3..

Last edited:

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Just downloaded a custom tune from my SCT X3, well worth the $$$...recommend AmericanMuscle . com, they throw in a free custom tune when you buy an X3..

Get it from here

Same price as American Muscle, THREE tunes come with it, and Doug is a kick ass guy. I had some tunes from him when I had my '05 V6 Stang. The car felt like a new whole new animal after those tunes.

And he's a great guy, too. Always willing to help.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
+1 for Bamachips, Doug Studdard definatly knows his stuff.
Bamachips and Brenspeed sell intake and tuner packages, either one and you cant go wrong.

05YellerGT

I went with the K&N CAI and Flow Masters Axle Backs, went from 260 to 284. I added a Diablo and to 299.3 RWHP and 317 RWTQ.

With the K&N you do not need to re-tune. I went a year before I bought the Diablo.

K&N 260.00
Flowmasters 260.00

Diablo Predator 300.00

Good Luck.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
On my 2006 Mustang GT convertible I had the following:

Steeda UD Pullies
C&L CAI / MAF
Corsa axle-backs and x-pipe
Ford Racing shorty headers
SCT Tune
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears

My best was 303 RWHP and 319 RWTQ

I currently have an 07 stock Shelby GT with a Bama tune:

Stock baseline was 272 RWHP and 300 RWTQ.
Bama Tune and the rest stock - 288 RWHP and 308 RWTQ.

What made the difference for the '06 GT convertible having more power than the '07 Shelby GT all things being equal except the following:

Steeda UD Pullies (12 HP)
C&L CAI pipe (2-3 Hp)
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears (more torque)

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
I dont have any dyno numbers yet but I can tell you that with my exhaust CAI and Evolution tune I droped .5 sec at the track.

Sartol

Established Member
i ordered my intake and tuner from bama (jlt + sct x3), doug throws in 3 tunes in with your order. I'm getting 87' perf for daily drive and a 93' race for the weekend. It should be here tomorrow. beside the intake and tune i have single chamber flows. will try to give an up-date about it after i install it

Users who are viewing this thread