how much power will a t-56 handle?

danimal 95

Established Member
how much power will a 03 cobra t-56 handle?

I was wondering how much power some of you guys are putting through your stock,or up graded imput shaft t-56's ?or if you know of any 9 or 10 sec cars that are still using the factory trans,not a g-force upgraded trans.thanks

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Mine lasted as a daily driver for 20k miles at around 600rwhp. Upgraded the input shaft about 1k miles ago.

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
Well, what are the vipers running HP wise? ( I understand our T56 is the same as theirs - the 26 spline + 6th Gear OD?)

danimal 95

Established Member
Tghe Viper Guys Are About 450-600 Range With Thier Trannies,however Im Making 1000 To The Wheels,a Bit More.i Plan On Doing A G-force Upgrade At Some Point But Id Like To Get As Much Use Out Of The Trans As Possible Before Hand.also D&d Will Sell Me A Bellhousing For A Cobra Trans But If I Buy A Viper Trans They Will Not Sell Me Just A Bellhousing They Tell Me I Have To Buy A Whole "kit" From Them Trans,bell,mid-plate Ect,which Is Quit Costly For A Trans I Know Is Gonna Blow Up

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Mines still running well at 18,000 miles and ive been pullied since 4k. Although I think my clutch is on its way out, and my tob is bad. DFX/26 spline here I come!

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
So what's a good rule of thumb for hp/tq levels before you need to upgrade the input shaft and/or the struts?

Would a transmission cooler help out or is there even any way to plumb one?

Really my goal is about 500rwhp/~500ish rwtq.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread