How much to tip the pizza delivery guy?

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
No less than 3 bucks, 20% for anything over $15. Of course, if the charge is $16, I'm not gonna pay with a 20 and ask for change, I'd give him the $4. He's delivering pizzas and probably needs the money more than I do.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
If it's $17.50 I'll give him/her a 20. Then again if it's $15.00 I'll still give him/her a 20.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I don't tip as much any more since alot of the big chains have started charging for delivery. Usually 2-3 bucks...

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I refuse to eat pizza from anyplace that delivers. Guess that is the NY / NJ in me. Although, I did hear someone say they tipped Pizza delivery people $2.00 per pie.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Depends on how fast they get it there and who the delivery guy is.

I used to have two of the same guys that started delivering to me consistently. I told them one night that I'd tip better if they got it there faster. They did and I did.

The normal delivery time was 45mins, I got mine in under 25 most of the time.

UCBeau

N2DAMYSTIC said:
I refuse to eat pizza from anyplace that delivers. Guess that is the NY / NJ in me. Although, I did hear someone say they tipped Pizza delivery people $2.00 per pie.
I'm from Queens..but even I make exceptions for a pizza, once in a while. It's not easy walking down to the local joint and grabbing a pie when you live out here in the west. Things are much more spread out.

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
I was a pizza guy for a while in high school - loved it btw. A five dollar tip really has a way of putting a smile on your face though I'm not gonna lie. Or for the 555 deal at dominos, with tax it was always 15.90, I loved when I got 20 bucks. Loved it. I wish I could still be bombing around delivering sometimes lol it was sweet

Rdslightning

Black Is The Fastest.
Established Member
I wont tip less the 5 bucks, unless they say 30 min and i dont get it for an hour. If it comes sooner I don't mind rounding up. It has however, always felt wrong to ask for change I don't know why. lol, I cant justify getting two bucks back when he pulls up in a 300K mile Camry and I got the L in the driveway...

Last edited:

UCBeau

Rdslightning said:
I wont tip less the 5 bucks, unless they say 30 min and i dont get it for an hour. If it comes sooner I don't mind rounding up. It has however, always felt wrong to ask for change I don't know why. lol, I cant justify getting two bucks back when he pulls up in a 300K mile Camry and I got the L in the driveway...
That's kind of how I feel. My supercharged Cobra is sitting out there and this dude rolls up in a POS..I feel I should share a bit, cause maybe he wants a cool car someday.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
My brother is a delivery guy for Pizza Hut, he just won $3,000 because they had to hand out surveys with the pizza's and he got more positive responses back than anybody else in the Mid-West.

There are some crazy stories, He's had guys give him a $50 to pay for a sub $20 bill, and then not tip him a dime. He's also had his car broken into when he was delivering a pizza into an apartment complex. But of course there are the very generous people so I suppose it all evens out in the end.

I usually tip $3-$4, but like said earlier, if it's $15, I'm not going to ask for any change out of my twenty.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I delivered pizzas... I tip generously, unless the guy looks like a clown.

Users who are viewing this thread