How much would you pay for...

Driver72

Established Member
The Brembo Brake package wheels and tires?

Talking brand new off of a car with less than 100 miles on it (driven from dealership to tire store and removed).

The tires alone sell for $350+ each on Tire rack.

Yes I know they come with the package that's only $1695, but wondering if somebody with a V6 wanted the Brembo wheels and tires on their car, what would be a reasonable price to sell them for if somebody wanted the Brembo brakes, but had plans to change to aftermarket wheels and tires?
I'd think $200 a wheel and $200 a tire would be a bargain
Total $1,600

Ballpark or better or worse?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Honestly, selling something used, even slightly, is hard to get a good value for. If the package sells for $1695 and the brakes are included, id be willing to bet you could MAYBE get $1000 for the wheels/tires. $800 would be a more realistic number.

Driver72

Established Member
Honestly, selling something used, even slightly, is hard to get a good value for. If the package sells for $1695 and the brakes are included, id be willing to bet you could MAYBE get $1000 for the wheels/tires. $800 would be a more realistic number.

Do you really think that low?
I sold my stock WRX wheels for $800 and those were 17 inchers with all season radials.
Sold my stock BMW 335i wheels for $1,100 (both of my 335i's) and those were 18" wheels with not so great run flat tires.

Keep in mind these wheels are only available on the 11 GT with Brembo brake package and manual tranny. So guys who order 11 GT with auto can't get them as an option, V6 owners can't get them, and even guys who have 2010 GT might really like them and want them.

Again remember the tires alone sell for $365 each on Tire rack, they are top rated very good tires.

I'd think $1,500 minimum for them.
Pretty sure you could get $800-900 for the stock 2011 GT 18" wheels and tires.

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
Do you really think that low?
I sold my stock WRX wheels for $800 and those were 17 inchers with all season radials.
Sold my stock BMW 335i wheels for $1,100 (both of my 335i's) and those were 18" wheels with not so great run flat tires.

Keep in mind these wheels are only available on the 11 GT with Brembo brake package and manual tranny. So guys who order 11 GT with auto can't get them as an option, V6 owners can't get them, and even guys who have 2010 GT might really like them and want them.

Again remember the tires alone sell for $365 each on Tire rack, they are top rated very good tires.

I'd think $1,500 minimum for them.
Pretty sure you could get $800-900 for the stock 2011 GT 18" wheels and tires.

$1500 sounds about right for the wheels/tires. The price of those options on the car are the EXTRA that it costs to get them, not the raw cost. I'm not saying you'll get every penny for them, but those are some really nice wheels that many will want to throw on their non-brembo GT's. When/If I purchase a GT, I will be taking the tires off immediately. Does anyone know which tires come stock on the GT in the 255/40/19 size?

Driver72

Established Member
$1500 sounds about right for the wheels/tires. The price of those options on the car are the EXTRA that it costs to get them, not the raw cost. I'm not saying you'll get every penny for them, but those are some really nice wheels that many will want to throw on their non-brembo GT's. When/If I purchase a GT, I will be taking the tires off immediately. Does anyone know which tires come stock on the GT in the 255/40/19 size?

Cool, yeah $1500-1600 seemed right to me and quite frankly is a deal for those Max Performance summer tires and pretty sweet 19 x 9" wheels to boot.

The stock GT comes with
235/50/18 all season tires

The optional 19" wheels and tires on the Non Brembo brake package are
19 x 8.5 (1/2 inch skinner than Brembo 19's) and the tires are
245/45/19 all season tires

Users who are viewing this thread