How much $$ ?

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
I recently purchased an 03 Cobra and I'm having clearance issues on these rough ass Louisiana roads, cuz the car sits so low!

current set-up is H&R sport springs (no isolators) with MM caster/camber 4 bolt plates.

I want to switch to H&R racing springs (with isolators) for a little more clearance. also I have 18inch fr500's

Local shop wants 500.00 just for labor, does this sound about right???

svt2ner

Established Member
Highway robbery sounds right to me. Do a search springs are easy job to do.

Jefe

Established Member
I used a Mustang shop last year to swap my springs. Charged $125. There are plently of write ups here. If I ever did it again, I would do it myself. Seems very easy

Stay away from shops like that

jt239

Established Member
I used a Mustang shop last year to swap my springs. Charged $125. There are plently of write ups here. If I ever did it again, I would do it myself. Seems very easy

Stay away from shops like that

I got a quote last year for $250 so I did it myself.

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
$150 is the norm but not one penny more. If you do it yourself it should take 4 hours if you have no idea what you are doing and drinking at the same time all by yourself. Invite some friends and you could do it in an hour. Good luck.:beer:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Do it yourself. There is some things I rather send to the shop but thats not one of um. Also why not buy some MM iso's they should bring that car back up. Save yourself 200 bucks, isos are around 50 for the set.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
do it yourself. I did lots of searching and then realized that it is relatively easy to do.

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
I've done the install on both my 2001 Cobra and now my 2003 Cobra.. Straight forward as can be.. Took me a while on the 01 due to my lack of mechanical knowledge. The 03 took me and a buddy all of about 45 mins.. Pure cake.

SpectorV

Established Member
spring swaps is pretty darn easy, you can handle it yourself with some basic tools, jack stands, and a jack. The only issue will be getting the strut nut off.

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
Don't have to tell me about the rough ass Louisiana roads.

too_low.jpg

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
It's easy...just do it yourself. And you might want to look into the MM isolators before buying springs, will probably get you alot closer. If ya wanna drive back up to memphis I'll even do the work for beer

Users who are viewing this thread