How Must Boost to Run and a Few Other Questions

mysticalsnake

Established Member
Well, I've pretty much got everything I need to do the full parts install I've been planning for a while:

Kenne Bell 2.4 with the from-kenne-bell 3.5" pulley (15lbs. from what i read on their site)
full tubular front suspension
Stainless Works longtubes and full exhaust (all 3" from collector with 4" rolled and polished tips)
some very large Comp Cams with springs and titanium retainers
and the various other little tidbits here and there.

Here are my questions that I need some help with before everything gets installed:

I've been told that opening up the exhaust as I will be may bleed off a little bit of boost. I also know that many people run 19 psi without a bit of problem on 93 octane. If this is true, how much am I looking at bleeding off with the 3" exhaust (1-5/8" primaries and the comp cams? I have a Metco 4lb. lower kit I was going to install with my ported and 2.93" pullied eaton but never did and came across a deal on the KB and couldn't pass it up. If I can run the 4lb. lower and with absolutely no problem, I most definitely am.
Here are the specs on the cams I'll be using:
Valve Lift: .475/.450

Advertised Duration: 277/275

.050 Duration: 242/240

Lobe Separation: 114 Degrees

Next question is the fueld system. Been thinking about just using my current 60# injectors with the twin GT pumps. However, I've been contemplating throwing on a 50 shot of nitrous for some real fun and made me wonder if i shouldn't go ahead and use the triple pumps and/or larger injectors, because I don't honestly know what the 60#-ers are good for HP-wise. I think the twin GT pumps (225lph each so 450lph total) should be plenty for what the car will be capable of putting down for pump gas.

Any input will be greatly appreciated guys

and by the way, it's getting a 26-spline input shaft and Fidanza 4.3 clutch with replaceable friction disk flywheel just so no one has to tell me i should up grade to those things.

i8urSS

Established Member
sorry i cant really help you with your qestions. i just wanted to tell you that set up sounds sick. cant wait to see what it makes. put up a vid of the dyno if you can

Users who are viewing this thread