How Often Do You Check Your Spare Tire?

Kiohtee

Established Member
This got me thinking... Would anything less than another 18x10 FR500 with more or less the same tire as the rears even work? Because stock my Cobra came with something like 17x8 or 17x9 wheels with 245 tires, and it's now sitting on 18x9/10 FR500's with 245/295 rubber.

wildride02gt

Established Member
What spare? Just dead weight as far as I am concerned. That's why I pay for road hazard on my tires and have AAA. I used to run a tow truck, and the worst calls are for flats, too time costly and all you are doing is letting someone drive around on a sub-standard tire.
Space saver spares should be banned, full size spare makes sense, if you care to have one.

In all reality though, a spare should be checked at every oil change, when the tires are rotated and the alignment is checked.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
My ///M did not even come with a jack, let alone a spare tire.
Besides there would be no where to put it in the 8 cubic feet of trunk.:lol1:
The Lightning and the Edge I'd check every few months, especially before trips. The '82 it's probably the original tire and would be a bit rotten.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
None of my trucks have them. I have nowhere to store a 35 inch tire.

And I only had spares for my mustangs for Ghetto skinnies.

cbr repsol

Established Member
i check my spare every couple months and before a long trip. i always keep good tires on my vehicles but u never know what could happen. i dont wanna be stranded with my two little kids.

Coiled03

Established Member
Never - and it wouldn't make any difference if I did. I don't think I could run one 17" tire and 3 18" tires and expect to drive very safely. Come to think of it, I should take the damn thing out.

Come to think of something else, I'm not sure the spare is even a 17" wheel. It might be smaller than that, which would be even worse, lol.

Last edited:

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I was driving with my uncle in his pickup truck, when he ran over a twisted piece of rebar which instantly deflated his front tire.
We went to get the spare tire mounted under the rear bed and all we found was the hanging wire and pin! Someone stole the spare.

I would be really pissed if it was me. If you know you don't have it, that's one thing. But some low life stealing your sh1t and not finding it when you need it, that's messed up. :burn:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I took mine out, my car is so low if I put it on it would just scrape so no point in even trying to drive it that way. Then again the car is only a toy so I don't have to rely on it for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread