How often do you yank your clutch up?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Im finding that im pullin up on the damn thing like once a day now. I can fell the difference when I do it. Its not a huge deal, but still, am I the only one?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Once a week.

I learned the hard way on my old 'stang that you should religiously set your clutch on a weekly or monthly basis. I noticed a 200% increase in clutch life doing this. Just my .02. :)

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I have had the car for almost 6months and 3600 miles and have had pulled up on it many times and it doesn't do anything. What gives>??? :shrug: -Mat-

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Its the Teeth on the Quadrant. If u look under the dash u will see what i mean. Notice every time u yank on it u will hear some plastic noices.....well its the teeth on quadrant.

Thats why folks are getting the Firewall Adjuster & Quadrant. Much easier to deal with then the crappy stock unit.

Mines from UPR & Installed by my shop for 160.00 out the door.
Well worth it.

FordFreak

Established Member
It won't do anything unless you hear a "click".
Other than that your just pulling it up and pushing it back down in its original position.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
It won't do anything unless you hear a "click".
Other than that your just pulling it up and pushing it back down in its original position.

Yup what he said. U actually need to go under the Dash. Push on the quadrant & pull on the clutch. A strong finger is a good thing to have.

Tetge had done it to my friends car & heard 3 clicks i think. But even gettin 1 is a bit of a challange with the stock unit.

SonicVenum tried it on mine & got it to click 2 times.

With the UPR units u dont need to do that any longer. Its just 3 hooks & no Teeth.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
How hard can you pull up on the clutch? Ive yanked up on it, never heard it click tho.

03CobraBro

Established Member
You guys must do some hard ass driving... My dads stock clutch on his 5.0 lasted 229 thousand miles. He never had to "pull up" on it...

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
How hard can you pull up on the clutch? Ive yanked up on it, never heard it click tho.

I know. Thats cause there is a little tab u push & yank.

Just look at it with a flashlight....u will see the mechanics of it.

FordFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I know. Thats cause there is a little tab u push & yank.

Just look at it with a flashlight....u will see the mechanics of it.

EXACTLY what he said!! 99% of the time you just cant pull up on it. You have to push on the quad at the same time to pull out the cable slack.
Dont go too far cause youll have a half engaged clutch all the time while your driving! haha (Friend did that once) lol

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
so... for those of us that can't see under the dash all that well to see how it actually works, which part of the quadrant are you pushing/yanking on while manipulating the pedal?

quad_01.jpeg

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
U see the lower left end side of the plastic crap.... i mean quadrant :D

Push on that hard while u use ur other arm to pull on the clutch.

in order for it to click on the teeth in for progress the Quadrant cannot move...only the clutch.....kills ya fingers & Juan even cut him self some how :shrug:

Damn good going Allan :beer:

FordFreak

Established Member
Pull up the pedal and pull out the cable slack. When your done pulling the cable slack and you still havent reached a notch yet then go a little bit more until it catches.
**Pull out the cable slack by rotating the quad. (big ass white plastic pie shaped thing) haha

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
anything to help the masses. :)

the position where the clutch engages hasn't changed any (that i've noticed) since the day i picked the car up - just curious to see if it really makes a difference.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I think some cars u can feel it working more then others. Looks like u got a slack ur self bro meow :eek:. Notice the tab on that quadrant?
Pushing it foward will help adjust the clutch by getting more tension.

Its easier when shown ;-)

Well if we go to XMP this saturday i'll show ya since im small.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Soooo..... what does this adjustment to? Makes the clutch engage CLOSER to the floor? I already need to push the pedal ALL the way down to disengage it, and it catches pretty fast...

~Berj

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Doesnt it make it so you dont have to push the clutch all the way down, so it egnages further up?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
How hard are these aftermarket quadrants to put it. I hate working laying on my back but I guess it is just something I need to do. Any info is appreciated. -Mat-

Users who are viewing this thread