How to brake boost??

CodeRed30

Established Member
How do you brake boost in a turbocharged car?? I also wanna know how some of you Cobra owners can do standing burnouts?

i8u

Established Member
I believe brake boost is just using the brake to keep the car from accelerating while you are applying gas till your rpms are high enough to make boost so the car doesn't bog.

If you want to do a standing burnout.....

1.Push clutch in
2.rev engine to 6k rpm and hold it..
3. release clutch FAST by removing your foot off the clutch pedal and immediately press your foot on the brake enough to lock the front tires.

4. Keep holding the brake while applying the correct amount of gas to keep your rpms steady.

5. Roll up windows before you are sufficated by smoke!

nj7703

Established Member
I like to heal/toe the brake/gas as i let up on the clutch. Usually starts spinning the tires right away.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I always lightly feathered the brake in and out, doesnt take much once its goin, cant see it hurting anything unless you had drums in the back.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Brake boosting is just mashing the brakes and nailing the throttle for boost to build up so there won't be any lag. For the burnout, install a line-loc, press brakes, button, and let-em roll.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
Brake boosting is just mashing the brakes and nailing the throttle for boost to build up so there won't be any lag. For the burnout, install a line-loc, press brakes, button, and let-em roll.

that would be for a turbo, im assuming?

Users who are viewing this thread