How to Degree 4V Heads?

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Can someone tell me step by step how to degree and time our engines? I have been looking all over but can't find a thread on how to degree from start to finish. I would like to know tools needed (with link to buy them if possible), steps from start to finish, and any other tech info applicable? I am very mechanically inclined I have just never done it before. Hopefully If I get enough info here the thread will just get moved to the how to section. Thanks :beer:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
If you buy the complete ford 4.6 dohc timing kit it comes with good instructions. Search for that part and you may find a PDF of the instructions. I also have the George Reid and Sean Hyland books, both worth the money on eBay or amazon. OTC cam holding tool is nice but I'm sure many people would not bother with it, IMO worth the money.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Get the Hyland book and Comp also has good instructions available as .pdf sure you can find them doing a search.

Going to need the tools also.

Search on modfords, both have been covered.

shurur

Established Member
Na svt has a procedure that he will send you. I think he can't post it for legal reasons..not sure. Pm him.

Prototype007

Established Member
Can someone sign me up for this info as well?

I don't care to donate or whatever is required to know.

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
hey guys. So I didn't mean to let this thread die. I think we should still pack it with info, but I cheated and bought a long block that was already cammed for my project and saved myself the trouble

Users who are viewing this thread