How to degree the cam??

Elwood P Dowd

Established Member
I've heard it said a few times recently that these DOHC motors are notorious for having cams that arent properly timed but nothing I have found really tells what the steps are for properly doing this. Does anyone have a link or a write up of their own that is a step by step for doing this. I would at the very least like to check mine and if it's off get it set up like it's supposed to be.

Thanks

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Personally if you havent done it before its worth the $$$ to have someone do it for you.

98 bab Cobra

snakeraper11b

Established Member
The best explanation I have found and step by step how to is in this book. Along with a lot of other fairly useful information. Buy it, read it, if you still think you're up to the task, go for it. I bought this book 4 years ago, when I was 18, and still refer to it from time to time.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Build-Performance-Liter-Ford-Engines/dp/188408978X]Amazon.com: How to Build Max Performance 4.6 Liter Ford Engines (0601780000824): Sean Hyland: Books[/ame]

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
[ame=http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1224614&postcount=1]2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club - View Single Post - Mach 1 Engine assembly PDF attached[/ame]

Elwood P Dowd

Established Member
Personally if you havent done it before its worth the $$$ to have someone do it for you.

98 bab Cobra

Thanks for the advice but I'm not going to get into something that I cant do and how am I supposed to have done it before if I dont do it a first time.
I want to know the steps so I can decide if it's within my skill level or not.

Elwood P Dowd

Established Member
The best explanation I have found and step by step how to is in this book. Along with a lot of other fairly useful information. Buy it, read it, if you still think you're up to the task, go for it. I bought this book 4 years ago, when I was 18, and still refer to it from time to time.

Amazon.com: How to Build Max Performance 4.6 Liter Ford Engines (0601780000824): Sean Hyland: Books

Damn that was one of my choices when I was looking on books to familiarize myself with the 4.6 DOHC, I instead went with "Building 4.6/5.4L Ford horsepower on the dyno"
I probably should have went with the one you just suggested because the one I got was just a bunch of different combos and how they did on the dyno. Nothing at all about assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread