how to find vehicle owner by VIN number

GearGambler

Established Member
long story short, I have all of SVT documentation for a vehicle. I'd send it to the owner if I knew who the person was! I have the vin number, the car is a 1996 cobra (not convertible).

Let me know your thoughts!

iamtheshaner

IH84DZ
Established Member
You'd have to cross reference state registration lists.... so do you know what state the new owner lives in? Who knows if those records can be accessed by public....

GearGambler

Established Member
no idea on the state. I ordered all the info online for my 03 cobra, and they sent me the wrong vehicle. We checked to see if the orders were switched and they weren't, it was a glitch in their system. rather than throw this stuff out I would like to give it to the owner of the 96 cobra.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
That's cool of you to do but I don't think there's any easy way to find that information with just a VIN#.

GearGambler

Established Member
That's cool of you to do but I don't think there's any easy way to find that information with just a VIN#.

Thanks! It would be nice to get this to that person. I'm going to hang on to it just in case.

one more thing I have - I know this car is #3053 of a build of 7496. Also born on 01/05/1996. Maybe that helps too!

Users who are viewing this thread