how to fit aftermarket seats in cobra

the ambush

Established Member
do you fit the aftermarket seat on the oem electric base ?
or do you use manual tracks?

i personnaly find the electric base too high, i like to sit low.
what is the usual setup?

Hye

Established Member
the ambush said:
i personnaly find the electric base too high, i like to sit low.
what is the usual setup?

you know i feel the same exact way, feels like my thighs are practically touching the bottom of the steering wheel(i have to sit close because of my short reach to the shifter,short arms)

very popular setup is the recaro sport seats (those found in the mustang 00R). You can find those seats for around $735 each (they are identical to the 00R seats except they dont have the Cobra R Snake Logo on them. If you want the true genuine Ford 00R Recaro Sport seats those will set you back around $2K a set..:eek:

Not completely sure, but when you purchase the bracket accessories with those seats, i believe its a direct bolt in.

hope this helps

im thinking about possibly ripping out my stock seats in some favor of lighter, more comfortable ones. I dont care for the stock seats.

99cobra66

Established Member
I've got RECARO seats and they are awesome!!! the are a direct bolt on as well. You have to purchase the seats, and then sliders, and then brackets for 94-04 mustangs. The sliders are tabed so you have 3 height leves you can bolt them down on. I have mine on the highest and they are still a few inches lower than stock. I highly recomend them!

o yeah, the brackets have a place to bolt on your factory seat belts if you choose to keep them.

the ambush

Established Member
finally got the corbeau in. i had a belt buckle bracket done and now i'm sitting low and tight in my Corbeau Targa RS.
very happy :pepper:

next a good shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread