HOW TO. HID G35 Retrofit??

Black Sleeper

Established Member
Has anybody else tryed this mod? How did it work out? My main question is if the heat from the HID would melt the lense on the headlight. This is the MOD ive been looking for! I cant see sh%t at night the headlights in every car/truck Ive owned were never bright enough for me. Thanks for the input.

Brian

Dusten

Established Member
you're serious? you're L headlights arent bright enough? get ahold of some 01-04 lenses, and some silverstar bulbs, you'll be fine

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
I havent had any long term testing with these yet. Truck is still parked for the winter. The bulbs are only rated at 35 watts..so Im guessing should run cooler..?..Ill try leaving them on for 30-40 mins and see what happens.

SVTContique

G35 projectors are shit...

Should have gone with TSX's or TL's. Barring that, i would have gone for E55's, at least they are a Bi-xenon projector.

krzemienr

NOS Doesn't Make You Cool
Established Member
G35 projectors are shit...

Should have gone with TSX's or TL's. Barring that, i would have gone for E55's, at least they are a Bi-xenon projector.

how so? I know a buddy who actually did the g35 conversion on his regular f150 a couple years back and they're still going strong...

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
In comparison they are not as good of a projector..Cutoff and what not.. But for $50 oppose to $200 (thats what i got them for) I can't complain.

Edit: just checked..E55's look easy to retrofit as well and $100ish on ebay.

Last edited:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
the hid bulb is alot cooler running than a stocker bulb....

Users who are viewing this thread