How To : Install LCA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
There are a couple ways to make room under your car to do this install. I used ramps, but you can also jack the rear up and put jack stands on the axle. Make sure the car is in gear, because the e-brake needs to be off so that you can disconnect them. For added safety I chalked off the front wheels. Once you have the car up go ahead and loosen up the circled bolts. They are 18mm.

100_19831_zps383fa2dc.jpg

100_19841_zps738aedf8.jpg

Once the bolts are loosened up you are going to remove this clip that is attached to the e-brake cable. You can use a flat head.

100_19861_zps1fffac8c.jpg

Once the clip is out, pull the cable down and out of the fork and then remove the cable end from its seat. Remember, the e-brack has to be disengaged in order to do this.

100_19931_zps759ed511.jpg

Once the cable is off, loop it through the stock LCA and then finish removing the LCA and throw on the new one! I routed the cable under the new LCA as it put less stress on the cable. You can zip tie it if you want. Make sure to put the e-brake cable back on as well as the clip. Notice how the grease nipple thing is pointed down(J&M Extreme Joint LCA's)

100_19891_zps5eaa2535.jpg

I used J&M Extreme Joint LCA's. If you have the same set, make sure that the spherical bushing is toward the rear with the logo facing the outside.

100_1987_zps463b0648.jpg

Now just torque the bolts to 129 ft lbs and you are done! Go for a test drive!

I'd like to give a shout out to Zporta for helping with the install...he did most of the work and I took pictures lol!

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Looks good, I'm used to doing work for picture takers

Last edited:

HammeredSoul

Established Member
Thanks for the post. When you upgraded to the J&M LCA did you notice a slight hiss in the car when rolling 20-40mph-ish? I got the UMI's with similar construction, and seems that they transmit some sort of bearing and or brake noise.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Thanks for the post. When you upgraded to the J&M LCA did you notice a slight hiss in the car when rolling 20-40mph-ish? I got the UMI's with similar construction, and seems that they transmit some sort of bearing and or brake noise.

Haven't noticed any noise. I'll listen for it next time I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread