How to install resonators without welding on your Bassani X pipe

Mach828

Established Member
You could sell those old bassani cats at the scrap yard and recover almost all your costs for the resonators as well.

Nice work!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Nice work. What type weld did you use on the SS (TIG, MIG (wire type, gas)..)?

I also added short resonators to my mid pipe (prochamber), the difference was small, I was running flowmasters at that time. I have since swiched to Stingers, and don't like the results. I imagine the Stingers would be even worse (raspy) w/o the resonators. I have some magnapaks waiting to go in place of the stingers.

I normally like to TIG weld but I was out of stainless filler rods and didn't want to wait till the following weekend when I could get some so I just used the MIG welder. Either would work fine.
Yes Stingers with no cats or resonators was crazy raspy and crackling sounding. Almost worse than open headers because of how high pitched it got.

You could sell those old bassani cats at the scrap yard and recover almost all your costs for the resonators as well.

Nice work!

Yeah I was thinking that too.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i know this thread is a little old but i did this to my bassani x (also have bassani mid lengths, and borla stingers) and the difference is great. no rasp at any level and the sound is much better. cruising is great. if you step on it it screams like it should. would recommend to anyone looking to get rid of the annoying rasp associated with the bassani offroad x

cj428mach

Established Member
i know this thread is a little old but i did this to my bassani x (also have bassani mid lengths, and borla stingers) and the difference is great. no rasp at any level and the sound is much better. cruising is great. if you step on it it screams like it should. would recommend to anyone looking to get rid of the annoying rasp associated with the bassani offroad x

Did you go with the exact same resonators as Malcolmv8? or a different brand? I'm thinking about doing the exact same mod to my cobra but am wondering what resonators/mufflers to use.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Malcolm we need a Video or audio track of your car Please!!!!!!

It would have been much more meaningful if I did a before and after video. It sounds very similar to when you put cats in. Noise levels are much more acceptable, no rasp and obnoxious drone. Just cruising down the highway at 70 is a hundred times more pleasant.

WireMesh

Established Member
Very cool. My cats also (somewhat) recently died and I put the straightpipes on it. I honestly like the loud raspiness of my car now. It does attract a lot of attention... but sure is fun.

Jefe

Established Member
Ya same here, I love how it sounds but Im sure other people dont. Temps are dropping here so it gets even louder. Ive got some high flow metal spun cats but dont want to lose all of the catless benefits :)

With that straight through design, it would be like running 2 sets of stingers...

94slowbra1

Established Member
Did you go with the exact same resonators as Malcolmv8? or a different brand? I'm thinking about doing the exact same mod to my cobra but am wondering what resonators/mufflers to use.

I used the same exact ones. fit perfect and price was good. A few hours with the welder and I was back one the road with a much better sounding car
I like the performance benefits of no cats but the sound wasn't what I wanted. So I believe this is the best if both worlds, good sound and straight through design for best flow. sounds very similar to a catted x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread