How to Install tail lights

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
How to Install tail lenses

Okay I finally got my cobra tail lenses from PPI. They look really good. Well I have never replaced tail lenses and I was wondering what all I will need to put the new ones on? Also, how do I get the old tail lenses off? If somebody could just walk me through it that would be awesome. Thanks, Zac B.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
My shop manual starts with the SN95 body style (1994-up), but I can't imagine it's much more different.

-remove interior trim panels in the hatch area
-disconnect taillight wires
-unbolt tail lens assembly
-remove and re-install in the opposite order

Lee

Established Member
Be careful when removing the old lenses and installing the new. They're easy to crack if you're not careful. Take your time. The old lenses can still be worth something down the road.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
And in case you haven't figured it out, you get to take you interior panels off all the way up to the rear seats. Big ol' pain in the butt...

Just take your time. If you wiggle the lights, and they are still tight, then you missed a bolt somewhere or another. Just take your time!

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
It did not take me long to replace mine when some dillhole backed into my car and took off. Luckily, it was about four years ago, when they were still readily avaliable. I think I paid $95 for it. I got it from my local junkyard who was able to send out a request to a network of junkyards all over the US.

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
Ok I managed to get them on. Wasn't a real big deal. Hardest part was getting the old lenses off. Everything looks good. Thanks, Zac B.

Users who are viewing this thread