How to intercool a JRSC?

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Could I run coolant lines through the intake? If I drilled holes and ran some type of metal tubing through the intake(under the blower) a couple times, and attached those to a heat exchanger like the cobras and lightnings, should that work? Another question. Do those systems have a pump of any kind, how to they keep cooler fluid moving through the intercooler and then back to the exchanger down front? I want to run more boost and I'm concerned about the heat of the charge. How about air conditioner lines. If I rigged the A/C lines to run through the intake and turned the AC on when I was really running. I'm open to ideas of any kind. Thanks guys. E-

Dblitz

Established Member
The easyiest way to intercooler the jrsc is water/alcohol injection.
simple and no fabacation of the JRSC intake.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Right on! Will the one on the Jackson website work for the SVT as well as the regular focus blower? It's expensive, but I guess so is a new motor. Thanks! E-

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Yeah, if you wanted to intercool that blower (water 2 air), you'd almost need to fabricate a new intake manifold to contain the I/C itself. Then you'd need a heat exchanger, lines, and electric pump to make it all work. Most likely NOT worth the effort with that blower when you can use alky injection.

Then again, that small shot of nitrous you have should do the intercooling for you already!

I would think your other option would be to selll the JRSC and install a Vortech w/ intercooler.

Last edited:

AmazonFocusSVT

Amazon Racing Focus Guru
Established Member
..or get the powerworks kit from Cosworth...its an intercooled M62 and hell, its from Cosworth. Isnt that enough reason!?

The IC on the JR site is really for the miata..I had one...of course, the SC on the miata sits on the opposite side of the intake manifold.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
AmazonFocusSVT said:
..or get the powerworks kit from Cosworth...its an intercooled M62 and hell, its from Cosworth. Isnt that enough reason!?

The IC on the JR site is really for the miata..I had one...of course, the SC on the miata sits on the opposite side of the intake manifold.

What is this Cosworth system you speak of? Explain!!

Primaris

Established Member
elliot400 said:
Right on! Will the one on the Jackson website work for the SVT as well as the regular focus blower? It's expensive, but I guess so is a new motor. Thanks! E-

Just remember the H20 injector is a short duration pump. So it will help w/the 1/4mi but not DDing or Tracking.

AmazonFocusSVT

Amazon Racing Focus Guru
Established Member
chart2c.gif

..and thats just a ZETEC ZX3, etc. Imagine the SVTF's!!

Dblitz

Established Member
If interested I have a Vortech kit with Aftercooler I'll sell for A great price :thumbsup: Also snow performance has very nice alcohol/water
injection systems for a good price to. snowperformace.net

ibanezkm

Established Member
As far as I know, the powerworks applies to the new pzev engine, right? A lot of people have been interested in intercooling the svt jrsc and they say the price of doing so exceeds the gains. Actually, a lot of people who know their stuff say that you would lose power. I think snow performance injection is the best route. As soon as I get my pulley change over, 42lbs injectors, 70MAF...I'm getting snow performance injection. By the way, cosworth products are expensive as balls. lol, if you want a cosworth blower, just buy the vortech and get better gains.

ibanezkm

Established Member
must be....are you boosted? i get my sources from focaljet.com, search the forum, there are some people who know their stuff on supercharged applications, etc.

Last edited:

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Dblitz said:
If interested I have a Vortech kit with Aftercooler I'll sell for A great price :thumbsup: Also snow performance has very nice alcohol/water
injection systems for a good price to. snowperformace.net

How great of a price are we talking, i'm in the market for some boost...

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread