How to K&N intake

DailyBlown

Established Member
Are there any how to threads (with pictures) for the K&N intake for an 04' Lightning? I tried searching, but every term(s) I used wouldn't give me results on this site. I tried "intake", "cai", "K&N", "kn intake", etc. My issue is with the L shaped fitting that goes in to the bottom of the intake tube. It is very difficult to connect it to the idle air vent tube and is at a strange angle, which I believe with make it difficult to breathe properly. Moreover, if anyone knows the part numbers for the smallest of the three vacuum lines that connects in to the intake tube I would greatly appreciate it. See the second picture; I am pointing at the vacuum line that needs to be replaced.

wk55NTl.jpg

22DTJVy.jpg

tlKjA3q.jpg

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
Thats the wrong fitting on the intake. The kit comes with a fitting that points straight down.

Cant help you with the vacuum part number

04RedApple

Established Member
That is the correct fitting. Just turn it around so it meets up in line with hose. Been running mine like this for about 10 years with no issues. (See pics)

The small hose you speak of is just probably 1/4" windshield wiper hose that you can get by the foot at any auto supply. Just remove it and take with you to match!

Carbon_Fiber_118.jpg

DSCN1803.JPG

DSCN1807.JPG

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
My hose off the IAC has a rubber 90 on it that meets up with a straight down port on my C&L, when I installed a k&N on a buddies truck we just removed that 90. His IAC tube looks cut in that picture.

Dusten

Established Member
This isn't the best picture, but you can see when the hose isn't cut, it points up, that 90 on the K&N doesn't work

89e1d975.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread