How to keep the radio on with engine off

svt 500

Established Member
How do you keep the radio on when the car is turned off? If you press the button (but not starting the engine) the radio will stay on a few minutes and cut off. With a key, the normal would be in the acc position but with push button, I'm trying to figure out how to keep it on, for example washing the car and you want to listen to the radio.

svt 500

Established Member
Checking your owners manual might be a good place to start.

Thanks, maybe I would if it was my car. Someone ask me today how to do it, the car belongs to my wife and I didn't have a manual to look at so I thought I would ask here thinking I could get a quick answer.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If you press the start button without touching the brake, that should turn on the "Accessories" and allow you to play the radio.

Not trying to be a dick, but when it comes to little things like this, it's a lot faster just to type your question into google. I typed "How to turn radio on in Focus ST" and this was the first thread in the search results: Turing on accessories only with push button start

Edit: Reading toward the bottom of the thread, there appears to be a power button in the left upper corner face of the radio. Only issue is it will stay on until you start the car, turn it off or drain the battery.

Last edited:

svt 500

Established Member
If you press the start button without touching the brake, that should turn on the "Accessories" and allow you to play the radio.

Not trying to be a dick, but when it comes to little things like this, it's a lot faster just to type your question into google. I typed "How to turn radio on in Focus ST" and this was the first thread in the search results: Turing on accessories only with push button start

Edit: Reading toward the bottom of the thread, there appears to be a power button in the left upper corner face of the radio. Only issue is it will stay on until you start the car, turn it off or drain the battery.

I did a search before posting. Everything I found just showed how to keep it on for 10-15 minutes and then it cuts off. I was looking for a way to keep it on for longer. Appreciate the help guys.

Last edited:

SemperFiMarine2

Established Member
Just push the power button on the radio! I always thought I could only listen to it in accessory mode, but then it'd eventually turn off to save the battery (or so it says). I read the little tip on just pushing the radio button and I had no clue! Awesome little feature when I'm cleaning the car and don't need everything else on.

Users who are viewing this thread