HOW TO: Killer Chiller Installation (Pics & Video)

2003snake

Established Member
It supposedly cools better and doesn't drag the compressor as badly!

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Did you watch my second video? The one showing the vent temperature at 27*, at idle!

Celsius though. 27C=80F. Not cool at all for AC. And 27F would literally freeze you or the parts that control it I would think. The I/C reservoir temp is between 95-100F which is impressive but since the A/C shuts off at WOT there's nothing cooling the air charge right? So it starts to heat up just like normal?

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Celsius though. 27C=80F. Not cool at all for AC. And 27F would literally freeze you or the parts that control it I would think. The I/C reservoir temp is between 95-100F which is impressive but since the A/C shuts off at WOT there's nothing cooling the air charge right? So it starts to heat up just like normal?

Good catch jefe! 80*F is NOT cold for A/C!! So you have to run your cars A/C system for this to function, meaning fans on high, compressor turning and several lost HP with the typical A/C system? Hmmmm....

liedenfrost

Established Member
I have had no issues - performance has improved and as you could tell the cab temperatures are ice cold!

I'm surprised at how high your IAT2's are on an 80 degree day. My IAT's are similar to yours on the killer chiller on an 80 degree day.:shrug: I'm at about 110 - 115 on an 80 degree day. Might hit 120 after a blast through a few gears.
In 90+ degree humid weather, I see IAT's of 125-130 and the car runs like a dog.
I've been considering the killer chiller and will probably get one when I up the boost and go with a twinscrew.

2003snake

Established Member

I live in the US of A - the temperatures that I referred to are in FAHRENHEIT not Celsius?!?!? That is correct, the compressor shuts off @ WOT....how long do YOU drive your car @ WOT?

Good catch jefe! 80*F is NOT cold for A/C!! So you have to run your cars A/C system for this to function, meaning fans on high, compressor turning and several lost HP with the typical A/C system? Hmmmm....

Again temperatures are in Fahrenheit........The amount of power gained by the car NOT pulling timing well exceed what the compressor pulls...especially since the use of ES- R12

I'm surprised at how high your IAT2's are on an 80 degree day. My IAT's are similar to yours on the killer chiller on an 80 degree day.:shrug: I'm at about 110 - 115 on an 80 degree day. Might hit 120 after a blast through a few gears.
In 90+ degree humid weather, I see IAT's of 125-130 and the car runs like a dog.
I've been considering the killer chiller and will probably get one when I up the boost and go with a twinscrew.

What motor and blower do you have? This is a fully worked 5.0 stroker with a 3.4 whipple making just shy of 800 RWHP.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread